PDA

View Full Version : how to make it street legal!?

gValdivia
03-30-2009, 02:58 PM
So I'm about to but the RS125 and I need to figure out how to make it street legal? What's the fastest and easiest way? Is there a way to buy it ready to go?!

HairBear
03-31-2009, 09:16 AM
So I'm about to but the RS125 and I need to figure out how to make it street legal? What's the fastest and easiest way? Is there a way to buy it ready to go?!

Xtreme in McHenry MD does them, talk to Allan. http://www.xtremepowersportsusa.com

frankd_nm
03-31-2009, 06:58 PM
I think AF1 has some that are sold as street legal bikes too.

CBar
03-31-2009, 07:09 PM

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113530

gValdivia
04-07-2009, 05:25 PM
So is there anything else I would have to do to transfer to CA plates??!

frankd_nm
04-07-2009, 07:00 PM
It's hard to say. It seems to vary widely from state to state. Here in NM it was easy. I bought the bike, wired up the lights, installed blinkers and a horn and took it to DMV along with my insurance info. They noticed the title stated that the bike was not for highway use, so they did a quick inspection to make sure everything worked and that was all it took. But we're pretty "wild west" here. We have no mandatory vehicle safety inspection and no emissions testing in the state, so it's pretty easy.

I've heard from a few other people in other states that haven't been so lucky. You would probably have less trouble buying one from somebody that has already registered it in another state, but even that might not work.

There is a thread here called "Plated" that you might want to look at. I'm not sure if it has any helpful information, but you might see if someone in CA has run into any problems. I've also seen a thread that implies that there is a dealer in L.A. that has one for sale that they say is registered. The price seems high, but it's another possibility.

I also know of someone in AZ that has one that is already registered and he is thinking about selling it. I'll send you a PM with the info and you can get in touch with him.

Like I said, I don't know if that will make it easier to get it registered in CA or not, but there has to be some sneaky way to make it happen.

Mr. Innovation
04-16-2009, 06:07 PM
were there any other forms you had to complete to do so? I'm about to do the same thing (GA).

frankd_nm
04-16-2009, 11:41 PM
were there any other forms you had to complete to do so? I'm about to do the same thing (GA).

Just the usual registration papers here in NM. Nothing like in some states where you have to sign an affidavit saying the bike is street legal. I hear that's how they do it in AZ.

Oh yeah, and did I mention that the weather here is so nice you can ride all year round!:banana:

Well ok, so the mornings in December can be in the high 20's and our spring winds are blowing about 40-50 mph now, but that can't stop me.:cigar:

AP12509
05-07-2009, 09:10 PM
af1 can do it

AP12509
05-07-2009, 09:12 PM
hello everyone new guy here i got my first aprila and its awsome i plan on adding more in the future they nice machines