PDA

View Full Version : 1k and suspension

cr500af
03-30-2009, 01:05 AM
if you had a stock 07 sxv550 suspension wise and 1k sitting around what would you do. please list in order of priorty. thanks

dougan
03-30-2009, 03:29 AM
should be enough to have the front resprung/revalved and get the rear upgrade kit by sachs. Might run slightly over budget to have it all professionally worked.

but its a great upgrade if you are spending a little time on the track.

pickle311
03-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Sachs rear kit with a 5.8kg spring
Sachs fork kit
I run them in my bike and it's night and day difference. Stock suspension on these bikes blow ass. I seriously can't convey the improvement in words, it's that much better.

Scaryfast77
03-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Sachs rear kit with a 5.8kg spring
Sachs fork kit
I run them in my bike and it's night and day difference. Stock suspension on these bikes blow ass. I seriously can't convey the improvement in words, it's that much better.

:plus:

cr500af
03-30-2009, 09:48 AM
gotta link to such kit? you mother truckers rock around here!!!!

dougan
03-30-2009, 10:11 AM
Where are you...?

Stuart will be fastest (with cheapest shipping) in Europe:

www.aliceracing.com

In the US, Motostrano sometimes has stuff for the SXV's:

www.motostrano.com

but I'm sure some of the other guys can point you to a US vendor... I don't believe AF1 supplies this kit.

cr500af
03-30-2009, 11:03 AM
im in hawaii. but I will order anywhere. I don't care for motostrano very much.

Sweeney
03-30-2009, 11:04 AM
+1 motostrano sucks donkey D**k.

amauri
03-30-2009, 11:19 AM
if you had a stock 07 sxv550 suspension wise and 1k sitting around what would you do. please list in order of priorty. thanks

Depending on the intended use for the bike, a tripple clamp with less offset is first priority and a good chunk of that $1k
Depending on your weight, I would first try adjusting what you have and a little re-valving that doesn’t cost much.

Don't just toss 1k into it without first getting the best out of what you already have.

fastbikesrule
03-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Is there any way to tell if the sachs kit is installed without opening up the shock?

WATTY
03-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Is there any way to tell if the sachs kit is installed without opening up the shock?

YES if the shock has the race kit fitted you have rideheight adj on the bottom of the shock , this is done by changing little inserts , if you have std shock there is just a hole drilled in the bottom of the shock :cheers:http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii107/FOBYAC46/DSCF4292.jpg

PhilG
03-30-2009, 05:18 PM
sachs kit, triple clamps, short swingarm, fork kit.

will cost more than 1k though

tripletrash
03-30-2009, 06:20 PM
I was told the sachs stuff is crap.

perfect
03-30-2009, 06:30 PM
what affect does changing the triple clamps have on the bike? does it improve stability.

I also have up to a £600 to lavish on my bike but I am torn between triple clamps and a slipper clutch.

I will only ride my bike on twisty roads. it's unlikely it will ever go on track.

I am getting some high speed wobbles and I've locked the back a couple of times shifting down the gears.

where is my money best spent?

I guess another benefit is the triple clamps look good.

spencer
03-30-2009, 07:31 PM
I also have up to a £600 to lavish on my bike but I am torn between triple clamps and a slipper clutch.

My dilema exactly....I ended up ordering clamps from corsaitaliano....just waiting for the ship date.....
I decided on clamps as I was having a tough time with the tight stuff, supposedly helps in this regard. Not sure at this point I would benefit from a slipper clutch.

cr500af
03-30-2009, 08:00 PM
i suppose i should have stated that it is street only because there is no track here. but i ride hard as hell otherwise i would have bought a drz. haha and i weigh 165 if that matters. and is there somewhere i can send my shock to have the work done. i never cracked open forks or shocks and prefer not to. haha although i will split a motor wide open without thinking about it. as far as the slipper goes mmy bike had a adige when i bought it. i have had several street supermotos all with slipper clutches. i love them. although i dont get the full benifit out of it that racing does its fun to go blazing into a corner with the ass way out and some hotties in a civic looking at you like you are king shit. lol thanks again for the info guys your knowledge is appreciated. and i will post a pic of my beast as soon as the spacers for my vdb alpina wheels show up.

PhilG
03-31-2009, 02:39 PM
i suppose i should have stated that it is street only because there is no track here. but i ride hard as hell otherwise i would have bought a drz. haha and i weigh 165 if that matters. and is there somewhere i can send my shock to have the work done. i never cracked open forks or shocks and prefer not to. haha although i will split a motor wide open without thinking about it. as far as the slipper goes mmy bike had a adige when i bought it. i have had several street supermotos all with slipper clutches. i love them. although i dont get the full benifit out of it that racing does its fun to go blazing into a corner with the ass way out and some hotties in a civic looking at you like you are king shit. lol thanks again for the info guys your knowledge is appreciated. and i will post a pic of my beast as soon as the spacers for my vdb alpina wheels show up.

Well i'd just go for Ice Parts clamps and a shock kit, the forks are ok for the road, and learn to cover the clutch when downshifting.........
I'll talk to Stuart over the weekend, and see what we can do, maybe send you a shock minus the spring already done, if you send yours back to Alice Racing, with a set of clamps , which will make it worthwhile, obviuosly there will be a charge for the fitting, but youd have to pay to get it done anyway.

He's busy as this week, but we could get it done in a few weeks , as long as there are kits still in stock

cr500af
03-31-2009, 04:40 PM
shit yeah let me know. thanks

duc slayer
03-31-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah I'd say that at 165lb's the forks should be good in stock trim...........for road use

BTW eat some f@ing cheeseburgers :D