PDA

View Full Version : Tank fuel line question....

Mooseknuckles
03-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Hey all,

I'm putting a 12L tank on my 07 SX. How do you get the fuel line off the old tank without breaking it? It's a quick disconnect that I've not used before.

Thanks,
Moose

Paappis
03-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Twist and squeeze. It'll come out. There are some pliers to open it the right way but i've never used them.

irie
03-27-2009, 04:04 PM
But be very careful, if you have to replace the fuel hose it costs something like $180-200 because you have to buy a complete hose kit just to get the fuel hose - it's not sold separately (in the UK anyway).

ETN550
03-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Push the black elbow fitting on the end of the hose into the fitting on the tank until it hits bottom. While holding it there pull the red collar back away from the tank side fitting and hold in position while you pull the elbow out of the tank fitting. Exactly like a quick disconnect air hose that is under pressure. Be careful because of plastic construction and fuel might spray a little under pressure. All o rings so it can go right back together. Simple once you do it a few times.

Kodiak AK
03-27-2009, 10:23 PM
The hose end is cheep.http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=5927
I bought a spare and keep it in my parts bin just in case.

I think you have to buy the hole fuel pump if you brake the other end, not sure though.

I am thinking about splicing a different type of quick disconnect into the fuel line. Something like what is used on air tools but rated for fuel.
:cheers:

tbeyer
03-28-2009, 12:18 AM
Just replaced the fuel line on my RXV due to it melting on the exhaust pipe. Unless you have to take out the quick disconnect, just remove the factory clamp, pull off the hose, switch tanks, reinstall the hose and replace with hose clamp. Worked for me.