PDA

View Full Version : Now I gone and done it!

frankd_nm
03-20-2009, 07:51 PM
I couldn't resist...I bought ANOTHER RS125 :happy:

Haven't told the family or girlfriend yet (hoping they won't notice it in the garage, lol), wiped out my savings, had to drive out of state....on and on. But I couldn't stop myself. These bikes are just too much fun!

The way I look at it is this is my last chance to get a New Italian 2-stroke race bike, probably ever. So, why not indulge myself. Besides, I'm stimulating the economy! It's my duty as an American...right?

I think I'll try and plate the new bike. Try and keep the mileage low and be a little mellow with it. The best part is that if (God forbid) I wreck or blow-up the race bike I have a spare sitting in the garage.

Other than draining the cash reserves and feeling a little guilty about indulging myself, I think it was the RIGHT thing to do.

Sorted
03-20-2009, 09:05 PM
My kind of therapy. These things sometimes just have to be done. There is no rationale needed, ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis in nomine etc, etc, Amen.:cheers:
Mine might well end up being a gorgeous bookend in my living room if it doesn't get plated.

The_Reaper
03-21-2009, 05:17 AM
I couldn't resist...I bought ANOTHER RS125 :happy:

Haven't told the family or girlfriend yet (hoping they won't notice it in the garage, lol), wiped out my savings, had to drive out of state....on and on. But I couldn't stop myself. These bikes are just too much fun!

The way I look at it is this is my last chance to get a New Italian 2-stroke race bike, probably ever. So, why not indulge myself. Besides, I'm stimulating the economy! It's my duty as an American...right?

I think I'll try and plate the new bike. Try and keep the mileage low and be a little mellow with it. The best part is that if (God forbid) I wreck or blow-up the race bike I have a spare sitting in the garage.

Other than draining the cash reserves and feeling a little guilty about indulging myself, I think it was the RIGHT thing to do.

:plus: well at least the economy is a couple thousand stronger :D

frankd_nm
03-22-2009, 05:29 PM
So, the family and girlfriend took it pretty well. They know me so well, that they weren't even shocked by the surprise purchase.

I picked up the bike Saturday and just finished most of the wiring. Goes much easier when you've already done it once. All that's left are the rear blinkers and the rear brake light switch.

I even got the first 7 miles of the painfully long 300mi run in done!

Gman2005
03-23-2009, 02:26 AM
lol 300 miles? more like a 1000 my friend and I would if your running it on the road. Your will get great life out of the engine plus the best power of out it. I was able to get 1 engine to do over 20k on one engine just because I ran the engine in well.

But I personally think that Rotax are making a new engine for the RS125. Thats my thoughts anyway, they seem to be doing some sort of work on new type of two stroke engines. :)

Gman

the brit
03-23-2009, 01:03 PM
I even got the first 7 miles of the painfully long 300mi run in done!

I'm 350 kms into my break-in. Tedious to say the least!

banzairx7
03-23-2009, 01:12 PM
One of the nice things about getting a bike from AF1- They can do the break in for you on the dyno.

the brit
03-23-2009, 03:00 PM
One of the nice things about getting a bike from AF1- They can do the break in for you on the dyno.

Mine was heat cycled a few times on a dyno too, but I'm still babying it for the first 1,000kms or so.

frankd_nm
03-23-2009, 06:47 PM
So, I took the bike to DMV today and got it plated without any trouble. Went in with the title, my insurance info from Geico and drivers lic. They saw the "not for highway use" statement on the title and I explained that I had to buy the lighting parts and install them like when streeting a dirtbike. They came out and inspected the bike (thank goodness they didn't check the horn, since I didn't install one), processed the paperwork and handed me the plate and registration. :happy:

akunabil
03-23-2009, 09:40 PM
congratulation bro

p/s: i feel lucky living in malaysia. here rs125 08 can be registered and i have 1 :cheers:

fnfalman
03-24-2009, 02:45 PM
So, now you have one for the track and one for the street. You Da Man, Frank!!!