PDA

View Full Version : Just thought I'd have a little whine....

pete roper
03-17-2009, 05:07 AM
I've now owned my Mana for six months or more. During this time NOTHING has gone wrong with it. It remains obstinately reliable despite being used as the works truck to carry all sorts of unsuitable stuff around southern New South Wales. It also takes my wife and I on assorted trips both locally and further afield and continues to annoy 'sports' bike riders who can't get a handle on the fact that an automatic transmission is actually FUN.

Servicing has consisted of oil and filter changes, (one filter! the air blew out just fine.) one chain adjustment. re-setting the TPS, (Un-neccessarily!) with the axone, one set of tyres and a lot of petrol and grins.

I think it an outrage that Aprilia didn't engineer a whole host of problems into my new bike so I could on the innerneck and whine about how bad it is. Can I get my money back???

Pete

shadyman
03-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Yep, no problems here also. Was 50 degree F. here sunday, asked wife if she wanted to go riding, she said yes. Usually she won't ride when it's cold, but it's been a long winter. The Mana has to be the best 2-up riding bike I have owned. They want 56 degrees today, HMMMM...........

SilverFoxUno
03-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Whining about reliability is very common...generally, though, it's about poor reliability. My Mana has been "bullet proof" too. I've picked a couple of nits in previous posts but overall, it is a great machine. I did ride to work this morning in the snow...again...global warming my a$$...

If the weather ever changes around here, the VFR will be up for sale.

Micah / AF1 Racing
03-17-2009, 03:03 PM
My demo bike is still running fine too, drats! If nothing else I at least need some leaking oil or odd new noises to chase down...even taking it to the drag strip and a track day have not done the damage I hoped for....it's like, well, it's like a Honda in terms of reliability...

pete roper
03-17-2009, 04:50 PM
....it's like, well, it's like a Honda in terms of reliability...

What? It's frame has cracked and it keeps overheating?:D

Pete

SAFit07
03-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Been putting more miles on it than the MP3 the last two months.

Heck, may be getting rid of it for another 'naked' two-wheel sister to the MANA because of it!

Weird, but I sure like how it looks from the rear...:lover:

pete roper
03-18-2009, 12:27 AM
With the full bagger kit on it the Mana looks seriously wide from the rear! A real 'Billy Barge-arse'. If I take the paniers off it just looks tall and stick-insecty. Luckily I give not a fig about that. I don't look at it from the rear very often and the paniers are big enough to take a folded corpse so I never run out of space to carry stuff which is great.

The rails for the bags are very handy too for strapping wide things onto the pillion seat. I dragged a straight six Ford cylinder head into the Head Shop in Canberra on it a couple of days ago, worked like a charm!

Pete

williamr
03-18-2009, 08:44 AM
I've now owned my Mana for six months or more. During this time NOTHING has gone wrong with it.
Pete

Hate to sayt it Pete, but you've been ripped off. Whatever you've been sold isn't an Ape lol.

Rob

SAFit07
03-19-2009, 10:16 PM
What I meant to say was 'at the right angle', say @ the 5 o'clock, it's sharp.

I guess I'll have to take a photo....