PDA

View Full Version : 34 dellorto jetting specs

Donno
03-14-2009, 04:03 AM
I would like to know what jetting specs micah etc has run as i have the 06 rs125 with vforce reeds,arrow pipe ,vhm head domed and obviously the 34 dellorto carb.Too add my bike is the euro 2 version new shape.

I have also fitted the hpi single curve cdi.The cdi makes stops the power tailing off at 10600 and removes the dip completely between 5500 and 6000rpm.Mid range and top end is therefore greatly improved.The power is now more aggressive.Anyway i would still like your jetting suggestions and what power you have made.

manstn-rs
03-19-2009, 04:30 AM
I have also fitted the hpi single curve cdi.The cdi makes stops the power tailing off at 10600 and removes the dip completely between 5500 and 6000rpm.Mid range and top end is therefore greatly improved.The power is now more aggressive.Anyway i would still like your jetting suggestions and what power you have made.

So you'd say hpi cdi is worth the money?

My Setup is jolly 107 pipe, xx-racing cyl head and dell 34mm vhsb carb and I'm running a 155 jet atm

bike goes smooth up to 11,5k rpm, but then suddenly revs like against a wall.
no more power and doesnt rev higher

Donno
03-19-2009, 06:03 AM
The hpi cdi is definitely worth it.The power is more agressive ,that is more torque and the power does not tail off .There is more over rev.I am waiting to see the dyno results from af1 etc from the tuning to the hilt thread.

PJ ENGINEERING
03-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Hi Donno :cheers:
we are on a now on a 15m main, JL single, Pipercross cone STD CDI.

If i have time i will swap over to the HPI tomorrow

Regards Paul

manstn-rs
03-19-2009, 04:21 PM
If i have time i will swap over to the HIP tomorrow

Would be great :)

HONDARACER
03-19-2009, 07:59 PM
I hoged out a stock 132 main with a #51 drill bit to make it around 170. Had to drop the needle to the 1st clip but it runs sweet now. I may try freezing the stock 160 jet and running it thru with a 1.60mm drill I have and see if I cant wind up around 165 it may require I heat the drill bit a tad too.

FUERA.....1
03-20-2009, 02:07 AM
As a qualified cnc machinist, id have to say freezing the main jet then heating up the drill bit to drill through would never be very accurate mate

FUERA.....1
03-20-2009, 03:07 AM
The more i think about your concept of drillin out the main jet, the dumber i think the idea is. To put it simply... You CANNOT and NEVER WILL be able to heat up a drill bit and expect it to cut a larger size... The principles of machining/Engeneering are against you but good luck any way... lol

Micah / AF1 Racing
03-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Over the years I have aquired a collection of well over a thousand different Keihin, Mikuni, Walbro, OKO, Dell'Orto, Holley, Stromberg, and god only knows how many other kinds of jets...because....drilling them out is not the proper way to size them, unless, you happen have one of the very rare $300-$1000 precision jet drill sets that used to be sold by Dell'Orto or Zenith/Stromberg, and even then it was a last resort. I think snap on may even still offer a "cheap version" of precision jet drills...but a "cheap" anything from SnapOn is likely to be pricey.

People, I implore of you, buy a selection of jets, there is more to a carburetor jet than the simple hole size in the middle, and even a complete selection is free compared to a new engine.

I need an ignition to play with for the late model...eventually, too much other "paying" work in right now but I did manage to get a Honda RS125 race pipe to play with on the Aprilia...now to see if there is anyway it can be made to fit. Even the stock HRC part is freaking work of art, the smallest and seemingly meanless welds on the brackets and strenghthing ridges are done with a TIG by hand...so pretty.

manstn-rs
04-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Any news bout a dyno test of the hpi cdi?
I'm on the verge of buying it.. but don't want to spend 200bucks on a worthless piece of electronic ;)