PDA

View Full Version : 2007 RS 125 Problem - Please Help!

Josh UK 1
03-02-2009, 04:43 AM
Hi All,

I'm new here and I'm not sure if I have posted this in the right place but here goes. I hope someone has an idea of what is wrong with my rs 125.

Its done 8k miles and its due for a piston change, I believe. When I get to around 3,000 rpm I get a deep (low) vibration noise. Could this be a bottom end fault? Or....? I haven't ridden it since in fear of damaging it further.

What would it cost (roughly) for repair if its the bottom end? Also what are the signs for a piston fault?

Any advise would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Josh

dellenty69
03-02-2009, 04:46 AM
i would very doubt a bottom end failure at 8k if you have treated it well, and not abused the engine.

your correct about the piston beign due for change soon. i would so that asap and see if it resolves the issue.

also, check all the engine mount bolts are tight, as the vibration has a habbit of lossening them off.

Josh UK 1
03-02-2009, 04:52 AM
i would very doubt a bottom end failure at 8k if you have treated it well, and not abused the engine.

your correct about the piston beign due for change soon. i would so that asap and see if it resolves the issue.

also, check all the engine mount bolts are tight, as the vibration has a habbit of lossening them off.

Hi,

Thanks that is a good idea, because I have just had a wiring fault repaired and the garage took the hole bike apart, so perhaps they haven't tightened everything up properly.

What is a good price for a service and piston change (UK).

Thanks,

Josh

Gman2005
03-02-2009, 07:43 AM
just come talk to u us on tjtuning.com/forums/