PDA

View Full Version : Shiftlights

alfamoi
02-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Does anybody knows the different rpm for the 4 lights of the shiftlight?
My dealer just told me that the red one = 9500 rpm...

pete roper
02-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Use an inductive tach and find out if you need to. Personally I've only hit the rev limiter once, (But mine stays in 'Touring' most of the time.) since it didn't go 'BANG' when i did that I considered it all honky dory :-).

Pete

shadyman
02-18-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't know. I'ld say they seem to be 500rpm apart. I try to shift at the second one. If I wait till the third, I usually hit the limiter. Because my other bike is a z750 that I shift at 13k, I am always in the rev limiter on the Mana.
Nothing bad happens, It just cuts out & then you shift. I initially missed the tach, but now I really like the lights. You can see them with your peripheral vision so you don't have to take your eyes off the road. Drag racers used them for years. This bike just keeps growing on me more & more every day.
Does anybody know if they make a universal adjustable shift light for motorcycles? I'ld love to have one for my zed.

alfamoi
02-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks to you.
The inductive tach is a good idea.
Shadyman: If you hit the limiter at the second light, in place to hit it after the fourth one, it seems that there's something wrong on your bike... (I only touch the first light until now on my bike, because I only have 1000km, but on other mana I drove before to buy mine, there was no problems to go to the red light...)

shadyman
02-20-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm just slow on the trigger. When I see the second light at full throttle, Thats when I shift. If I wait for the third, the fourth will come on before I react with the paddle shifter. nothing wrong with the bike , just me.

alfamoi
02-20-2009, 03:57 PM
:D

You have to go to sleep earlier.... ;)

shadyman
02-20-2009, 05:29 PM
:tired:It sucks getting old!

alfamoi
02-20-2009, 07:02 PM
:crybaby: I know, i know

:)

revorg
02-24-2009, 10:11 AM
The shift lights are at 6500,7500,8000, and 8250 RPM per Motorcycle Consumer News. They are a non advertising monthly and tell it as they see it. They liked the Mana with the exception of some suspension issues but thought the bike " ... combines the convenience of an automatic transmission together with so many other appealing features that it may, indeed, change the face of motorcycling where others have failed. Despite our best efforts to be critical, it represents a lot of value for $9899."

alfamoi
02-24-2009, 06:08 PM
GREAT!
that's exactly what I was searchin' for!!
Thanks a lot.