PDA

View Full Version : Water wetter...

Dieterly
02-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Anyone knows if the bikes come with water wetter, or is slippery sloppy regular coolant?

Socket
02-14-2009, 01:25 PM
mine did have a pink coolant in it. Do not believe it was water wetter, atleast I hope not, that stuff isn't very good for smaller cooling systems.

motopix
02-14-2009, 05:25 PM
mine did have a pink coolant in it. Do not believe it was water wetter, atleast I hope not, that stuff isn't very good for smaller cooling systems.

If you follow the instructions for WW you would only use a couple/few capfuls of the stuff and water alone is more efficient than an anti-freeze mix. I don't think the size of the cooling system makes any difference. Unless I misunderstood what you said.

nubus
02-15-2009, 11:50 PM
I would assume the bike comes "dry" and the dealer adds the coolant during prep.
Highly unlikely that it is not an antifreeze type coolant.
Gotta dump mine to race anyway.

MoCool :plus:

That blue shit in my SXV was awful!

Steve / AF1 Racing
02-16-2009, 12:01 AM
I would assume the bike comes "dry" and the dealer adds the coolant during prep.
Highly unlikely that it is not an antifreeze type coolant.
Gotta dump mine to race anyway.

MoCool :plus:

That blue shit in my SXV was awful!

The bikes were delivered with coolant system already filled.

Micah / AF1 Racing
02-16-2009, 12:51 AM
BTW, whatever they use in the stock coolant mixture smells of antifreeze but is not slippery like antifreeze, ethylene glycol, it may be propylene glycol like Engine Ice?

smartbomb
02-16-2009, 01:51 AM
Take a drink, if you die an agonizing death from kidney failure its ethylene glycol if you just get sick its propylene glycol.

So much for my attempt at a joke.

Micah / AF1 Racing
02-16-2009, 11:37 AM
I honestly thought a little about a finger dipping taste test...till I realized I have only tasted regular antifreeze (sweet like sugar water) so it would hardly be a valid comparison not to mention it is gross. You ever wonder why cats will drink themselves to death on antifreeze....cause it tastes so good.