PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Premix Ratio

frankd_nm
02-11-2009, 08:49 PM
What would be the recommended mix ratio if I remove the pump and run premix?

HONDARACER
02-11-2009, 09:42 PM
I think 50:1 is pretty standard for liquid cooled modern 2T motors. Also might depend on what oil your running. I would recomend the Agip 2T racing oil, its meant for premix.

motopix
02-12-2009, 03:20 AM
32:1 full synth meant for premix

FUERA.....1
02-12-2009, 04:04 AM
Roughly 30 or 35 to 1 would be a good starting point, i think agip 2t is good oil, but, if its track use then there's a few other synthetic oils that would be better suited. just my personal opinion anyway

HONDARACER
02-12-2009, 03:53 PM
I rode motocross bikes off road for many years. I even raced a few events. I always ran 50:1 with non synthetic oils as that was about all you could buy back then. I never once had any engine problems and sold all the bikes without doing any engine work.

Running too much oil is not a good thing. As long as your carb jetting is correct and you have a constant supply of oil you wont have any problems. The Motul oil they dumped into my RS125s was so shitty within 500kms the power valve was all carboned up and there was lots of spooge coming out the silencer.
I switched to the Agip City 2T my Aprilia SR50 Factory scooter uses and the exhaust cleared right up and the PV stays perfectly clean now. Also I bought a used top end from another guy who installed a BBK on his Ape and I was very impressed with the film strenth and slipperyness of the barrel that had been running Agip oil.