PDA

View Full Version : anyone with expericance with the speeds of most 50 cc scotters please!

srditech/repsol
01-20-2004, 08:35 AM
hey all..my friend has a piaggio typhoon 50 and he reckons its faster than my ditech....is this true? is there someone out there with the facts?? thanks to anyone who can help

brizSR50
01-20-2004, 04:10 PM
HI,

My friend has a yamaha scooter 50cc and its faster off the mark than my sr50 due to his being carby and mine injected. But the sr50 pulls him in and then overtakes. So if its a carby machine then yes he could pip you at the mark but you are actually faster top end.

Cheers nick

aays888
01-20-2004, 04:53 PM
Hi srditech/repsol,
only 1 way to find out.
Race him.

:bond:

Crazy Canuk
01-21-2004, 11:52 AM
well it depends... if ur mates scoot has a turn back exhaust and a bigger carb... ur ditech will probably be beaten... but if it doesnt have any tuned parts in it... race for 100 quid!!!!

my ditech has similar performance to a sr50 lc with 17.5mm carb and yasuni R exhaust... im not saying im faster... but im not left behind either... its just the mid range power is a bit crappy compared to tha carbed sr50 :confused:

mzzl

crazy canuk

:crowbar:

srditech/repsol
01-21-2004, 01:20 PM
it has some shitty straight excaust....and no it doesn't have a bigger carb...but when i first got my ped it beat any other 50 cc i raced with off the mark...including gileras which were de restricted so im thinking i can smoke him.

Crazy Canuk
01-22-2004, 08:30 AM
ummm... well... what kind off straight exhaust is it??? if its like a leovince s or giannelli spl... beware :eek:
any carbed scoot with a tuned exhaust is instantly faster... power is increased by maybe 50% while for ditechs its only 15% :confused:
but if its a big bulky crap lookin thing... as i said before... race for like 100 quid... 200 meter sprint should be no trouble.

mzzl

crazy canuk

:crowbar: