PDA

View Full Version : some pics of a MP3-250

Ed / AF1 Racing
01-28-2009, 04:00 PM
here are some showroom pics of a Piaggio MP3, including some detailed shots of the front end. We love the MP3 platform here, they ride so nice, go over bumps and pothole so well. The front has so much grip and braking power. The large trunk is super nice too.

Everyone wants to know all about the MP3 when you are out riding.

Once you get used to the tilt lock/unlock feature, you never really have to put your feet down.

Tasunke_sapa
02-03-2009, 01:57 PM
A deal presented itself last summer and we picked up a used '07 w/ 120 miles on the Odo. ...The idea being that it was more better suited for the Wife's commute over her Buell.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3417/1000076ti3.gif (http://imageshack.us)
(http://g.imageshack.us/img18/1000076ti3.gif/1/)

Never thought I'd ever ride a scooter, but Damn this thing is fun.

abikebloke
02-05-2009, 04:56 AM
Agree, they're fun alright

I borrowed one for a little while, regular ride is a Falco.

Front end grip is awesome. You can punt these things into curves and they just hang on.
Cornering clearance limits the bravado and its a game of threading the needle, maintaining as much corner speed as you can, as its a heavy little bugger for that 250 to chug away at. The 250 punches OK, but its just heavy.

With all that front end traction, it does a damn good stoppie, but comes down with a real thump. With all the luggage storage, you can forget that a weeks groceries are in there when you decide to relieve boredom with a stoppie. Yeah, burst a bucket a yoghourt.

It's stops REALLY WELL. Wet or dry.

The front end is truly amazing. If you didn't look at it first, riding it, you wouldn't know it had a set of parallel front ends working together.

The "lock" mechanism works only at really slow speed, like stopped, or almost.

I thought it kinda weird.

So, while stopped, I leaned it over as far as it could go and hit the "lock" button, then stood it up again.

Looked hilarious, like a doggie waving a paw, or a cocking its leg on the post.

Here's a tip. Lean it back over the same way before releasing the lock.
The wheel goes down so hard, with full suspension force, it knocked me over the other side.

ooo - clever, sorry about the blinker Sal !

SAFit07
02-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Have had mine for almost a year now. Been really contemplating upgrading...it's the only thing that bothers me since we've got the MANA now.

8k revs on the commute home just doesn't seem as fun & easy as it does @ 0600hrs CST on the commute in.

P.S. - Rumor (via another forum) has a member w/ over 60k miles on one of these out of San Diego already....the 250 model that is.

SAFit07
02-10-2009, 12:38 AM
I put on a Fabbri after-market wind screen a few months after having gotten it. The medium size that is....there's a large model, just too large for my taste.

If I had to do it over, I'd get the OEM version. Just looks better once 'cut' down abit too.

One other thing, the wind noise due to the screen increases big time once installed and going 60+ mph. Ear plugs I've used since then....

blubeo200
09-08-2009, 01:04 AM
Seen them on local dealer's showroom floor, but I haven't seen any on the road yet.

Stickyfrog
12-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Loving my 2008 250. Have just over 9000 miles on it and zero problems so far (knock on tupperware). I use is as a daily commuter and put about 50 miles on a day. Oh and did I say it feels like it is on rails in the twisties :)

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=881&pictureid=4236

MikeT
12-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Just picked up an 08 250 with 470 miles on it on Monday... had the worst ride ever coming home - 5C and driving rain and 80 miles of motorway...

Had the throttle pinned most of the way, got really cold and wet and didn't really get the 'feel' of the thing.

Took it out today for a punt through town - now I get it :)

Its in for its first service soon - I want a new exhaust and some Dr.Pulleys and then we'll see if it can be made a bit 'sharper' - I know my ridiculously tuned SR50 would eat it from start to 50... it is a big bugger, I know but I'm sure the boys at PM Tuning have some ideas to sharpen it up.

AprilIan
12-20-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm coming late to this section of the board. I had the first 250 in MN and took it to the track, man was that fun! I caught up to a newbie on a 600 and not only did I pass him, but a few laps later, I lapped him!!! I have never laughed so hard in my helmet.

tomd
07-10-2011, 11:31 PM
I guess so ya got training wheels so to speak knowin ya cannot fall off per se makes the learning curve shallow

MilleArp
07-19-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm coming late to this section of the board. I had the first 250 in MN and took it to the track, man was that fun! I caught up to a newbie on a 600 and not only did I pass him, but a few laps later, I lapped him!!! I have never laughed so hard in my helmet.

I bet that was a blast! Drifting the two front tires.... fun stuff.

af1rs
09-19-2011, 04:24 PM
that somthing can be so ugly as mp's. :ban::ban::soap::soap:i'm gonna cry so fucking ugly :crybaby:

arosmith
11-03-2011, 04:45 AM
Wow this Piaggio scooter is awesome and i am in love with this. The looks and muscular design are just awesome. You can't just get your eyes off from this 3-wheel scooter (http://www.kickboardusa.com/).

norAz Randy
01-23-2012, 02:02 PM
The only thing I don't like about the 250 MP3 is the short life of it's rear tire(3K mi.) it came with. Took care of that by putting on a 145/70-12 Falken Sincera tire made for Mini Cooper cars. So far have 8K miles on my `07 MP3. Expect to get at least 30K miles on the car radial. At 5K miles the rear tire still looks like new. A MP3 owner in Florida came up with this fix. We run 38 psi. It works great !! Actually gives a smoother ride on straights and it feels a little different when cornering, but you get used to it quick.

strfish7
01-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Awesome tip, Randy! I just picked up a smoking deal on an 08 250 with 500 miles, but I'll be looking for that tire configuration soon...I'm putting miles on this one, fast.

gopam
01-27-2012, 02:14 PM
agree with the tires wearing out fairly quick. On my old 250 I was happy with the grip of the Pirelli diablo for the rear but I did sacrifice some tire life longevity for the grip. Also I found the Pirelli diablos did not work for the front two tires, it made the MP3 250 wobble quite oddly.

Scottie2Hottie
07-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Just went over 17000 on my '07 250. Still get stares from others and a few "What is that?" at gas stations. Rode Deal's Gap, NC in 2010. Outran 3 Ducati's up after one guy ran his mouth about his "power and speed." THAT was fun! Looking to keep it for daily commute but possibly step up to MANA later this summer.

flea
10-25-2015, 12:12 PM
I know this is a old post but is any one running this rear tyre as would like more info as changing the rear tyre every 3 thou is a pain

flea
10-25-2015, 12:26 PM
is any one using the car rear wheel tyre on their mp3 250 as after a bit more info...145/70-12 for mini cooper