PDA

View Full Version : Digital temp gauge.

mike1971
01-24-2009, 10:43 AM
I got about 400 miles on my bike and it runs perfectly. On my way home last night I noticed some fluctuation in the digital temp. gauge or temperature?? While moving It would indicate no bars but while sitting at a stop light or running higher revs it would climb back up to 2-3 bars only to abruptly disappear again.Could it be that the t-stat was stuck open? Truthfully, I'm not sure if the temp. sending unit or gauge is faulty or if the motor is running that cool, it didnt run any different. Its cold out of course and I was also very low on gas. Does the gas/oil mix ever become too oil rich when the gas tank gets very low making the engine run cool. I have noticed this w/ other two strokes(RS50) when the mix was wrong and oil heavy. I Guess I'll fill her up and check the coolant and see if it does it again. Thx

bourney2007
01-24-2009, 03:46 PM
sounds to me like the temp sender is broken mate.

mike1971
01-24-2009, 04:07 PM
yeh your right it was just loose and reading temp on and off when i acelererated or braked.....:crowbar:

jandrade
01-25-2009, 09:59 PM
howd you get it on the street????

ThisEndUp
01-26-2009, 07:26 AM
howd you get it on the street????

Ah, you come into this saga late, Johnny Boy.
Some of these guys are registering their bikes. Sneaky little monkeys, aren't they?

mike1971
01-26-2009, 07:44 AM
..and what fun it is on the street!
...got sick of hearing clutch slip though and had to change gearing -1. other than that keeepin her stock with the exception of some long stalk mirrors.

jandrade
01-26-2009, 10:52 PM
Ah, you come into this saga late, Johnny Boy.
Some of these guys are registering their bikes. Sneaky little monkeys, aren't they?

Hahaha...well if i could ever find a job id try and be one of those sneaky monkeys LOL

the-heft
01-27-2009, 07:27 AM
Take the tank off and look at the sensor on top of the engine, it will have come loose inisde the rubber sleeve and wont be making contact properly which is why the readout changes depending if you accelerate or brake.

Mine does it all the time and its a pain in the ass. To be honest the bar temp guage is a pile of shit, I would much rather have one that gave a real readout.

mike1971
01-27-2009, 07:46 AM
Exactly.yeh i found that out, odd little sensor connection. Thanks