PDA

View Full Version : Roadside Assistance?

frankd_nm
01-13-2009, 07:18 PM
I got a chuckle today when I opened my mail and found a letter from Aprilia along with my automatic enrollment in the Aprilia Roadside Assistance Program. Good for 2 years.

I wonder if I should call them next time I need trackside support.:kidding:

On another note...Trackdays are already starting this January at Arroyo Seco Raceway, in Southern New Mexico. First race is in March and we need more people for the Single Cylinder Class. Any single will do, but even better if it's slower than me.:)

ThisEndUp
01-14-2009, 07:00 AM
I'm sorry, I thought you said track days in January.

I know that can't be true.

Because I know that you are all freezing your arses off like I am. 19 degrees f, -3 with windchill.

Track days in January........what a funny guy.

the brit
01-14-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm sorry, I thought you said track days in January.

I know that can't be true.

Because I know that you are all freezing your arses off like I am. 19 degrees f, -3 with windchill.

Track days in January........what a funny guy.

I talked to someone in Arizona at work, 80+ degrees right now.. Bah.

ThisEndUp
01-14-2009, 02:26 PM
yeah, really....I've received no correspondence from Aprilia. I feel so cheap......

frankd_nm
01-14-2009, 02:33 PM
I suppose that the dealer reported the sale and I got into the system that way. I just thought it funny that they provide roadside assistance on a "track use only" bike.

Weather here's been pretty nice (Southern New Mexico). Usually in the mid 50's or 60's. Feels "cold" to us that are used to it though. I'll miss the January round, since I'm still recovering from my broken ankle, but I should be ready for the February round. I'm really happy that I can get 2 full days of track time at Arroyo Seco for the price of half a day in Phoenix.

FORREALQUICK
01-14-2009, 06:55 PM
I just receive the same roadside assistance from Aprilia today. How about that! I hope I never have to use it!

Noassmblyrqired
01-19-2009, 08:14 AM
I just received my roadside assistance letter on Saturday!!! This is really funny in an ironic kinda way.

the brit
01-20-2009, 04:18 PM
I just received my roadside assistance letter on Saturday!!! This is really funny in an ironic kinda way.

I think it's a plan to find out who's riding theirs on the street..

I'm on to you...

frankd_nm
01-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Just got a letter from Aprilia USA today.

This notice is sent as a reminder that as a "track only" bike, your Aprilia RS 125 is not eligible for Aprilia's Roadside Assistance.

We understand that by mistake you may have been sent information about the Roadside program.

We are sorry if this has caused you any confusion or inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.

Oh well....

I live in NM and plating the bike would be really easy, but I haven't done it yet. It's a lot of fun to ride, but I bought it as a track bike and since I have 4 other bikes I can ride I think I'll use it for the track like I planned. Besides I don't really need another insurance bill!

Just help me fight the urge to go buy another one. One for the street and one for the track would be too much fun.

Noassmblyrqired
01-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Yeah, got mine yesterday. It gave me a good laugh when I opened it. Other weird thing is Road Side Assistance letter came in Aprilia envelope...Cancellation letter came in Piaggio envelope. I guess Aprilia only likes to give good news while Piaggio gets to play bad cop!

mike1971
01-30-2009, 05:27 PM
:funnypost:funnypost

Socket
02-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Besides I don't really need another insurance bill!

My ape was 8$ a month, full coverage, with uninsured/under-insured coverages..100$ deductable.
I'll see you at arroyo frank!