PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Track Days (RS125)

ThisEndUp
01-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Anyone in my vicinity (NY,NJ,PA area) doing track days this season?

I'm signed up with Team Pro Motion, as they offer the greatest amount of track days for NJMP and Pocono. (More days to pick and choose from)

I was originally going to go with NESBA, but their schedule is pretty thin for this area. Plus they no longer do Pocono East.

Chime in......let's get a 125 Cup going.

the brit
01-09-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm down for at least one or two.

I'll be in the 'moving chicane' class most likely..

HONDARACER
01-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Damn you guys are lucky I wont be there. Nipping at your heels like a little yappy dog!

Noassmblyrqired
01-12-2009, 08:09 AM
I'm game!!! I really had fun at the last event at NJMP and Pocono is only a 40 minutes from my house. Lets pick some dates!!!

ThisEndUp
01-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Cool.
Here's Team Pro Motion's schedule:

March
28 Sat NJMP Thunderbolt
29 Sun NJMP Thunderbolt

April
12 Sun Pocono East
18 Sat VIR Patriot
19 Sun VIR Patriot
25 Sat NJMP Thunderbolt
26 Sun NJMP Thunderbolt
27 Mon NJMP Thunderbolt

May
3 Sun Pocono East
9 Sat Carolina Motorsports Park
10 Sun Carolina Motorsports Park
11 Mon NJMP Lightning
16 Sat BeaveRun
17 Sun BeaveRun
23 Sat NJMP Thunderbolt
24 Sun NJMP Thunderbolt
25 Mon NJMP Thunderbolt

June
12 Fri NJMP Lightning
13 Sat NJMP Lightning
14 Sun NJMP Lightning
21 Sun Summit Point Shenandoah
22 Mon VIR North

July
4 Sat NJMP Thunderbolt
5 Sun NJMP Thunderbolt
6 Mon NJMP Thunderbolt
11 Sat Summit Point Shenandoah
12 Sun Summit Point Shenandoah

August
1 Sat VIR South
2 Sun VIR South
3 Mon VIR North
7 Fri Pocono FUSA
22 Sat Pocono East
23 Sun Pocono East
24 Mon NJMP Lightning
29 Sat Summit Point Shenandoah
30 Sun Summit Point Shenandoah

September
7 Mon NJMP Thunderbolt
13 Sun VIR Patriot
14 Mon VIR North
19 Sat BeaveRun
20 Sun BeaveRun
28 Mon NJMP Thunderbolt

October
3 Sat Pocono East
4 Sun Pocono East
19 Mon NJMP Lightning
24 Sat Summit Point Shenandoah
25 Sun Summit Point Shenandoah

November
14 Sat NJMP Lightning
15 Sun NJMP Thunderbolt

the brit
01-12-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm a equal distance from NJMS and Pocono, so either is fine. NJ costs $4 more and smells a bit funny though ;-)

How as the NJMS track on the RS125? Were you able to keep pace?

ThisEndUp
01-12-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm a equal distance from NJMS and Pocono, so either is fine. NJ costs $4 more and smells a bit funny though ;-)

How as the NJMS track on the RS125? Were you able to keep pace?

Smells a bit funny? LOL Burning two stroke oil should cover that.

Noassmblyrqired was at NJMP. From what he told me, he kept up with the rest....well, except on the straights.

Pick some dates. Pocono, NJMP either or......I'll be doing as many track days as I can this season.

Noassmblyrqired
01-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Thunderbolt @ NJMP:

I really need to get my corner entrance speeds up (more b@lls!!!) but its a nice smooth flowing course with a lot of nice tight corners. There is a set of two chicanes that can be added to the course which benefit us!!!! Only one chicane was in effect for my track day. There was a lot of time to be made there. I walked on a lot of big bikes coming out of that one.

On the straight the little bike pretty much ran out of steam topping out around 105~110ish another 10 or 15mph would have evened things out a lot (Carb and Pipe!!!). I was able to enter the main straight faster as the day went on which got me to top speed faster but did not increase my terminal speed any.

Novice group is full of two types of people... Some are just passing through to faster classes (since everyone starts in Novice) and people who are always going to stay in Novice. If you stay on an RS125...you'll probably never class out to Intermediate. Which is OK with me but I want to track my 675 eventually too.

Any Whoo... Thunderbolt is a great course!! I'd like to try as many different ones as i can. I lot of people have recommended Barber as a really great track for the RS125 with it's long sweeping corners and minimal straights.

ThisEndUp
01-13-2009, 07:04 AM
O.K,

I'm in for April 12th @ Pocono.

For the bigger tracks (NJMP) I'm wondering if our mopeds will pull 17/37 gearing?
If it can it'll help a bit on the straights.

ThisEndUp
01-14-2009, 08:55 AM
O.K,

I'm in for April 12th @ Pocono

OOOPs...didn't realize that's Easter Sunday...rescheduled for April 25th @ NJMP

the brit
01-14-2009, 10:11 AM
OOOPs...didn't realize that's Easter Sunday...rescheduled for April 25th @ NJMP

That date and location should be okay for me, I'll know for sure in the next couple of weeks.

Does anyone ride their bike to track days, or is that tempting the crash gods in terms of being your only way home? I have a van so can bring that, but the bike's much more fun and I intend to keep a wide margin between my riding and being on the 'edge' on the track..

ThisEndUp
01-14-2009, 10:23 AM
That date and location should be okay for me, I'll know for sure in the next couple of weeks.

Does anyone ride their bike to track days, or is that tempting the crash gods in terms of being your only way home? I have a van so can bring that, but the bike's much more fun and I intend to keep a wide margin between my riding and being on the 'edge' on the track..

If you sacrifice a virgin (presuming you can still find one these days) you should make it to the track and back o.k.

Personally, I'd throw the RS into the back of the van. You'll be tired after a day of track riding.

edgarr
02-08-2009, 06:38 PM
(this end up) my name is Richard edgar first of u can get your track plastics at euro sports in coopersburg pa. the # is 610-282-9300 ask for bill montuck. Also i'm a track coach with Teampromotion. I'm glad 2 hear your going to be riding with us this yr. I do about 25 dates a yr so i'm sure we will run into each other. I can't wait 2 c the rs 125 in action.

RICHARD

spain67
02-08-2009, 08:56 PM
I attended several event organizers last year and found the Absolute Cycle Experience (www.AbsoluteCycle.com) to be very well run, safe and more track time then I could take in. I can't see myself going to PA again after running the NJ Track. The club has put together a super priced package in 09 that's worth looking at.

The dates for Absolute in 09 are:

May 8th Fri NJMP Lightning (Free Intro & Intermediate School)
May 9th Sat NJMP Lightning (Free Intro School)
June 8th Mon NJMP Lightning waiting list only sold out!!
July 6th Mon NJMP Lightning (Free Intro & Intermediate School)
July 26th Sun NJMP Thunderbolt (Special Racer group*)
July 27th Mon NJMP Thunderbolt (Free Intro & Intermediate School
Aug 15th Sat NJMP Thunderbolt (AMA Course Preview)
Aug 16th Sun NJMP Thunderbolt (AMA Course Preview)
Aug 17th Mon NJMP Thunderbolt (Free Advanced School)
Oct 5th Mon NJMP Lightning (Free schools,Tire/Suspension Spec.
Nov 1st Sun NJMP Lightning (End of year Party)
Nov 11th Wed NJMP Thunderbolt (Veterans Day holiday Special $99
Jan 23rd Sat Jennings GP Fl ($150 2 groups of 30 riders)
Jan 24th Sun Jennings GP Fl ($150 2 groups of 30 riders)
www.AbsoluteCycle.com

ThisEndUp
02-09-2009, 07:07 AM
(this end up) my name is Richard edgar first of u can get your track plastics at euro sports in coopersburg pa. the # is 610-282-9300 ask for bill montuck. Also i'm a track coach with Teampromotion. I'm glad 2 hear your going to be riding with us this yr. I do about 25 dates a yr so i'm sure we will run into each other. I can't wait 2 c the rs 125 in action.

RICHARD

Hey, alright Richard.
I look forward to seeing you out there as well.

Listen, can you attach a rope to the back of your bike for me.....my new buddy.....'ol pal.......just to tow me along on the straights? :D

--John

Noassmblyrqired
03-05-2009, 04:08 PM
I stopped off at Eurosports in Coopersburg, PA this weekend to get the RS125 ready for track days. I spoke to BIll and he's getting me some prices on a couple go fast goodies...Details to follow

So far I'm signed up for the following track dates with Promotion:

March 28th NJMP(school)
March 29th NJMP(trackday
April 12th Pocono
April 25th NJMP

Dman51
03-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Hey I'm down in MD and wanted to know if you guys knew of any places that you can just go for the day and ride on the track. Im not looking to really race but want to open my bike up on the track. Anything really in the PA VA area or maybe even NJ or DE as long as its close to MD.

jandrade
03-06-2009, 02:02 AM
nj motorsports park

motopix
03-06-2009, 11:52 AM
You do know of Summit Point Raceway in WV, no?

ThisEndUp
03-07-2009, 07:52 AM
I stopped off at Eurosports in Coopersburg, PA this weekend to get the RS125 ready for track days. I spoke to BIll and he's getting me some prices on a couple go fast goodies...Details to follow

So far I'm signed up for the following track dates with Promotion:

March 28th NJMP(school)
March 29th NJMP(trackday
April 12th Pocono
April 25th NJMP

See ya on the 28th...and the 25th. 'Just booked for 5/3 pocono and 5/16 Beaver.

Noassmblyrqired
03-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Are you taking the school on the 28th or just the track day?

ThisEndUp
03-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Are you taking the school on the 28th or just the track day?

No, just track day. I am signed up for the second level class on 4/25.

So....ah.....what go fast goodies are we talking about?........buddy, 'ol pal of mine. Huh?

Don't make me yank the motor out of my Ducati and graft it into the RS. If provoked, I may just do something goofy like that.;)

You'll be with my buddy in that 28th class. You can't miss him. He'll be the newbie on a 140+hp Mille factory. Sheesh....try to talk some sense into some people.............

Noassmblyrqired
03-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Waiting on a price from Bill... Probably all the stuff to make air go in and out faster. Carb, reedbox, exhaust. He's pushing for a CDI unit which would help over-rev a little on the track. While everything is off the head it'll probably get a port job too. Trying to avoid 154cc kit but if everything is coming off it's free labor just parts for 20% more displacement.:D

We'll see what kinda prices Bill comes up with.

Gman2005
03-09-2009, 04:50 AM
Waiting on a price from Bill... Probably all the stuff to make air go in and out faster. Carb, reedbox, exhaust. He's pushing for a CDI unit which would help over-rev a little on the track. While everything is off the head it'll probably get a port job too. Trying to avoid 154cc kit but if everything is coming off it's free labor just parts for 20% more displacement.:D

We'll see what kinda prices Bill comes up with.

The BBK kit you are on about does seem flow work being done on it. They are not very goot cylider from the factory and its been found out by some from tjtuning.com. The CDI has a race setting by the way. Get the guys at AF1 to hook it to there computer to change the maps over.

Noassmblyrqired
03-10-2009, 07:21 AM
IF I get a BBK...I would have Eurosports port it. I'm sure there's some blending that can be done to match the reedbox and reshaping of the intake and exhaust at the piston to raise the power band a little. I know their tech's are quite capable of this! They have run several successful 2-stroke race programs. I don't have a lot of CDI experience with 2 strokes...the curves are only 2-D correct? These CDI's don't use TPS input do they?

Upon some retrospect and re-reading of the Promotion website, I think I'm going to opt out of the "school" session on March 28th and just do a regular track day. I think the Level one school may be too basic. I've already done similar schools and think this might be a little too repetitive. I'll probably move my self to the novice class with you ThisEndUp. This will also save your friend with the Mille some embarrassment;)

ThisEndUp
03-10-2009, 02:40 PM
IF Upon some retrospect and re-reading of the Promotion website, I think I'm going to opt out of the "school" session on March 28th and just do a regular track day. I think the Level one school may be too basic. I've already done similar schools and think this might be a little too repetitive. I'll probably move my self to the novice class with you ThisEndUp. This will also save your friend with the Mille some embarrassment;)

Yeah, I was going to ask you why you're going to do an entry level course.

Excellent...a fellow RS125'er to play with. Now I'm super psyched.

Be forewarned...I cheat. I cut across the grass, parking lots...whatever it takes.
:happy:

I just need to find some time to dial in the bike. Friggin work is getting in the way of my fun time activities. Bike is way too rich.

ThisEndUp
03-10-2009, 02:50 PM
I bought, then re sold a video camera for the bike.
Seems TPM doesn't allow cameras....bummer.
I really wanted to get some video of my buddy highsiding into next week.
(Sorry Val, if you're reading this) I still can't get over a newbie with a 140 hp bike. Does....not....compute.

Jaime, are you going to be there with us on our inaugural RS125 Cup date?

Noassmblyrqired
03-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Ouch! That's cold...but very likely. There's also a 50/50 change the track will be a bit cool in late March.

Is there a no "camera on bike rule" or "no cameras on premises rule"?

ThisEndUp
03-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Ouch! That's cold...but very likely. There's also a 50/50 change the track will be a bit cool in late March.

Is there a no "camera on bike rule" or "no cameras on premises rule"?

Yeah, no camera on bike. I guess they don't want the general public seeing a couple of 125s beating up on larger bikes. :happy:

Gman2005
03-11-2009, 06:20 AM
do the USA Rs come with cats in the exhaust? I'v got a jetting guild somewhere.

Noassmblyrqired
03-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Guild? Is this some sort of 2-stroke World of Warcraft? Your English baffles me!!!!

No, I don't believe there is a cat.

the brit
03-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Jaime, are you going to be there with us on our inaugural RS125 Cup date?

I just looked into the ART school prices, and it's $249 for level 1...! That, plus the $224 for the event day makes it a bit out of my price range at the moment. There's no way I can drop $500 for a weekends fun :eek:

Maybe I'm missing something, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do the level 1 course without bike and gear rental being included which I'm sure is elevating the price. I'm used to going through track inspection with my cars, so I'm not afraid of a bit of taping and removing of turnsignals, plate bracket etc.

ThisEndUp
03-11-2009, 11:07 AM
I just looked into the ART school prices, and it's $249 for level 1...! That, plus the $224 for the event day makes it a bit out of my price range at the moment. There's no way I can drop $500 for a weekends fun :eek:

Maybe I'm missing something, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do the level 1 course without bike and gear rental being included which I'm sure is elevating the price. I'm used to going through track inspection with my cars, so I'm not afraid of a bit of taping and removing of turnsignals, plate bracket etc.

No, you don't even need to do the art class. Call them and explain you've been to the track before. If you do opt for the art class....you do not need to rent anything (presuming you have your own gear and bike).
Call them, they'll drop the art class .......
The class is included in that $249 price, I believe. $165 or close to that for a track day + the art class = $249 or there abouts.

the brit
03-11-2009, 12:11 PM
I haven't been on a bike track day before, so I'd probably benefit from the class in terms of the rules / track etiquette. Hell, I'd probably benefit as a rider too, but at least I'd hope after 12 years of street riding that I'm able to keep it up side up on a track. (Famous Last Words.. knock on wood).

If you take the class, does that tie you up all day or is the $249 the total for the class, plus the rest of the day on the track in the novice group? That would be a pretty good option. Worst case, I could ride out to say hello and give the free lunch break trail a go.

As for gear - they say you must have full leathers and leather boots for the track day, but then say synthetics are okay on another section of the site. I have synthetic everything (don't ask, you'll get a stupid answer) - and i've never heard of anyone complaining about all the synthetic race boots out there (Sidi's for example)..

Sorry for sounding a bit dumb with all of this!

Gman2005
03-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Guild? Is this some sort of 2-stroke World of Warcraft? Your English baffles me!!!!

No, I don't believe there is a cat.

Sorry about that I ment guide. Iv got a list of what the set up should be for a totally de-resticted RS. They use less fuel and run a lot better then the EURO set up.

ThisEndUp
03-11-2009, 12:51 PM
I haven't been on a bike track day before, so I'd probably benefit from the class in terms of the rules / track etiquette. Hell, I'd probably benefit as a rider too, but at least I'd hope after 12 years of street riding that I'm able to keep it up side up on a track. (Famous Last Words.. knock on wood).

If you take the class, does that tie you up all day or is the $249 the total for the class, plus the rest of the day on the track in the novice group? That would be a pretty good option. Worst case, I could ride out to say hello and give the free lunch break trail a go.

As for gear - they say you must have full leathers and leather boots for the track day, but then say synthetics are okay on another section of the site. I have synthetic everything (don't ask, you'll get a stupid answer) - and i've never heard of anyone complaining about all the synthetic race boots out there (Sidi's for example)..

Sorry for sounding a bit dumb with all of this!

The site states that you get the same amount of track time when you do the school. 'Not sure if that means you'll be in school all day or what.
Give 'em a call.
They are also offering free gear rental with the school.
So, stash away your ....(cringe)...synthetics....and come on down.
(I'll show you some nasty scars from a fall off with synthetic gear)
(I should have gotten skin grafts)

ThisEndUp
03-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Sorry about that I ment guide. Iv got a list of what the set up should be for a totally de-resticted RS. They use less fuel and run a lot better then the EURO set up.

O.K, ......

Give it to us, baby. We can handle it........

Gman2005
03-11-2009, 03:27 PM
its on my other computer, i'll do it for you tomorrow :)

the brit
03-11-2009, 04:59 PM

Hopefully it matches what we have - our bikes all came from the factory fully derestricted, with the factory 'race' exhaust which has no cat, the ECU pre-drilled etc.

Gman2005
03-11-2009, 05:27 PM
I'd guess so, these are just the jetting for each country due all of them being different hights etc. Just need to find it :)

Noassmblyrqired
03-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Who's headed to NJMP this weekend?

ThisEndUp
03-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Who's headed to NJMP this weekend?

See ya there. We'll have the green canopy up. An '04 Mille Factory and an RS125 underneath.

Noassmblyrqired
03-26-2009, 08:45 PM
I'll be in the old shi$$ty white 91 chevy conversion van with no canopy and an RS125!

ThisEndUp
03-27-2009, 06:44 AM
I'll be in the old shi$$ty white 91 chevy conversion van with no canopy and an RS125!

Keep your ears open for the loud salsa music and whirring blender. We can't be missed.
We'll try to land our party by you.
Does your van have a "If the van is a rockin , don't bother knockin" sticker on it? 'Gots to be stylin my man, gots to.

Noassmblyrqired
03-27-2009, 07:20 AM
No...don't have the sticker! And I have to take the rear seat that turns into a bed out to get the bike in. I'm trying to get there around at 7:00

This all hinges on me picking up my bike from Eurosports tonight. It's "spring tune-up" is taking a little longer than anticipated.

ThisEndUp
03-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Hmmmm.....the canopy may not make it up. It's brand spanking new. Never been assembled. We may not have the time or patience for it.

Maybe we'll leave it in the box...but keep it out to impress. So, ah......look for our brand new canopy box. It's lovely.