PDA

View Full Version : oh feck...

mike1971
12-21-2008, 07:57 PM
...well had to much holiday cheer and made a bad decision and took my girl out for a quick rip drunk. Well the short of it is I dropped her hard on the left side at about 40 grabbing to much front brake on cold tires:crowbar:. Naturally I didnt have any gear on and got a 30 stitch's reward for my stupidity. Worst off though was the bike. I replaced: Lft side fairing, front nose fairing( just cracked but want it right again) lft side rear set, lft front signal, clutch lever, lft handlebar and fastener and the end weight which was ground down some. Well after more F'n $ than I'm worth I got the bike lookin primo again. It runs great and all but I think I may have tweaked the yoke a little. The bike does not pull to one side or the other when i coast w/ no hands but just seems to "favor" the right side. The steering/front wheel alignment seems spot on with the naked eye but it just seems like i've got the bars a fraction leaned to the right while traveling straight. Its so small its probably a non issue but Ive put so much money back into this brand new bike I'd like it to be ALL good again. I've loosened up the upper and lower and master to get the wheel straight again. Maybe I should have got it off the ground and re-did the axle/pinch's too possible the forks were still bound up a bit upon re-tightening. I'll sort it out. Anyhow any suggestion or past experinces are welcome. Thx.

HONDARACER
12-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Sounds like you lived about 2 months in less than a day! Where did you get all the spares to make the repairs? Did you have insurance? Did the cops come and arrest you?

MattSTAR
02-13-2009, 08:31 AM
After reading this post, I have decided your a complete moron for riding with a pillion under the influence! No sympathy from me!

odie_trackie
02-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Ummmm....don't ride when you're drunk. :crowbar::crowbar:

Anyhow any suggestion or past experinces are welcome. Thx.