PDA

View Full Version : F/S Street Legal 2006 Derbi GPR 125 Racing- price dropped

kingjtthompson
12-09-2008, 09:11 AM
It is a 2006 Derbi GPR 125 Racing sport bike (nearly full size sport bike) and these bikes actually run the Yamaha DT 125/Yamaha TZR125 2 stroke motor (very solid motors) with a 6 speed tansmission, 17 inch wheels, inverted forks, full Arrow race exhaust and I just removed the stock air box and installed a foam performance air filter and it is got rejetted by North Texas Superbikes which is a good CMRA race shop, 1500 miles on the clock and is one of a dozen that got imported into USA by a Miami grey market bike importer and the bike is insured and tagged and is STREET LEGAL. This is the exact same bike as the Gileria SC 125 minus the decals.

Pictures
http://flickr.com/photos/29582383@N07/

Review on these bikes.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...ets-754969.html

Have all the title, spare keys, manuals, etc so the bike needs nothing. If you want to have a cool one of the kind street/track bike day bike this the one for you, $4250 OBO and may consider super mototard trades, etc.

The bike is located in Dallas Texas and will deliver for free within a few hundred miles. Please PM or email at kingjtthompson at yahoo dot com for more pictures or questions about the bike

Micah / AF1 Racing
12-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Just so you guys know, this dude is real, and the bike is real, it is the same GPR125 that appeared early in the "shop" thread and was previously owned by a friend of mine.

Price is very attractive too.

kingjtthompson
12-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the prop Micah. I think I am going to look at maybe getting a new RS125 if things work out.

Thanks, JT

foggy123
12-09-2008, 02:59 PM
how does this bike perform compared to a RS125?

Which would be easier to get service where Aprilia dealers are rare?

Socket
12-09-2008, 03:13 PM
how does this bike perform compared to a RS125?

Which would be easier to get service where Aprilia dealers are rare?

What service do you need? these are rather simple bikes.

Derbi no longer has dealers in America from what I believe. And if there isn't an aprilia dealer near you, short of me guessing, I couldn't tell you without knowing your location.
These bikes were sold in the US in small quanitities legitly, so parts are around. I wouldn't be asking for a local shop, but a shop in the UK or somewhere that is willing to flat rate on shipping and offer advice over email.

kingjtthompson
12-09-2008, 04:56 PM
I am sure other people may have different opinions but here is mine and I have owned both Aprilia and Derbi.

The one advantage of the Derbi is it runs a Yamaha DT/TZR 125 motor with a Derbi badge over the engine casing and the engine, carb, etc could be serviced at any Yamaha dealer. Any low hr 2 stroke you are going to have very little service that needs to be done by the dealer as long as you do the necessary 2 stroke maintanence and no different than any 2 stroke dirt bike and any Joe Blow can do it without any problems with the maintenance manual.

In regards to the performance the RS may make a few extra horses than the Derbi. But people that buy these bikes are typically not looking for something super fast and if so go with a 600cc + 4 stroke jap bike. But these bikes are super fun but I would not consider either one fast by any means.

kingjtthompson
12-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Just to add a few more things. I would not hesitate buying a Derbi or Aprilia even if I lived out in the sticks because with the web and forums like this diagnosing problems makes it much easier and also ordering parts from Europe, Australia are just as easy as ordering parts in the USA. I ordered some good EBC front brake pads from a USA motorcycle web site for the Derbi and I bought a different front sprocket (but haven't installed it yet) for this bike from my local Yamaha dealership.

Dman51
12-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Hey I work at an Aprilia Dealership and just brought a Derbi GPR50 in from Piaggio no more coming it was a one time thing. The Derbi's are roughly the same as Aprilia slightly less fast some say but I compared my GPR to my friends RS and its the same but they are much more reliable. You can get parts from any old Derbi dealer as long as you give them part numbers which you can get from online part books. They are great machines and compared to the RS your not losing much and for the money its a no brainer.

HONDARACER
12-09-2008, 11:02 PM
I would have bought one of those in a heartbeat if not for the RS125 showing up. I love the undertail exhasut.

kingjtthompson
12-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Bike is sold to a nice guy out of Austin.

Cheers!!