PDA

View Full Version : Head light issue

aidan
11-29-2008, 11:36 AM
When I turn on the key, the dim lights come on as normal but also the head light bulb on the right side comes on aswell.

When I switch on the head lights, the head light bulb on the right goes off and the one on the left comes on.

So the head light bulb on the right is working vice versa as what it is supposed to be doing. :bangwall:

Any idea where the issue might be?

Allen Noland
11-29-2008, 12:14 PM
The headlights will come on when the key is turned on. There is no off position on the headlight switch, just High or low beam. The left headlight (when sitting on the bike) is the High beam, right headlight is low beam.

aidan
11-29-2008, 12:55 PM
The left headlight (when sitting on the bike) is the High beam, right headlight is low beam.

So they're working correctly! I thought both sides would light up when high beam is on.

Also, is the red exclaimation warning light supposed to always be on.

Allen Noland
11-29-2008, 03:23 PM
So they're working correctly! I thought both sides would light up when high beam is on.

Also, is the red exclaimation warning light supposed to always be on.

Nope, just the left on high, right on low.

The red light is a warning light. Check your injection oil.

aidan
11-29-2008, 03:29 PM
The oil tank under the seat is full to the top. When I switch on the key should that light be off

Allen Noland
12-03-2008, 10:06 AM
The general warning light ( triangle) should come on for a moment and then go off. Are any of the icons (wrench, oil of EFI) coming on when the light stays on?

aidan
12-03-2008, 11:28 AM
No, those lights are off. Just that red warning light stays on.

Allen Noland
12-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Could be a lot of thing ,low battery , bad TPS , ECU internal error...... Your best bet is to take it to your dealer and let them hook it up to the Axone and see where the error is coming from.