PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a Mana

WTbrown
11-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Hey, I am glad I found this forum. I am thinking of buying the 2009 Mana but I am wondering what deals people are able to get at this time. I live in Portland Oregon if that helps any.

I currently ride (I hate to admit it..) a Kymco 500cc scooter. I just bought it this summer because my wife said I could not buy a motorcycle but I could buy a scooter... makes absolutely NO sense but whatever..

I have owned in the past a CBRf2, CB500t and most recently a SV650. I think the Mana would be perfect for the riding I do in the city and some light touring. I really do like the concept of my scooter but the ergonomics are not working out for me. I am 6'3" and 200lbs and the seating position is not good. It seemed fine for the first 500 miles but now at 1000, I don't like it.

Thanks!

WTbrown
11-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Hello,

I am thinking about buying a Mana and I was curious as to how much dealerships are willing to deal in the Pacific Northwest. I live in Portland. I currently own a Kymco 500cc scooter (I hate to admit it though…). I have had 3 bikes in the past, a CBRf2, CB500t and a SV650. I think this Mana is a perfect cross fit for me.

WTbrown
11-19-2008, 01:08 AM
Sorry, I thought my other post did not go through..

zuman
11-19-2008, 07:47 AM
Have you checked www.cycletrader.com ?
I'm not in the Northwest, but I bought mine for $8999 out-the-door from a dealer I found on Cycle Trader. Some dealers are also willing to ship at no cost or little cost.
I'd suggest choosing the search radius that will show you all of the Manas listed in the U.S., then you can use that information to either negotiate with a local dealer or consider buying one elsewhere.
P.S. - The bike is worth the effort!

Tdawg
11-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Hello,

I am thinking about buying a Mana and I was curious as to how much dealerships are willing to deal in the Pacific Northwest. I live in Portland. I currently own a Kymco 500cc scooter (I hate to admit it though…). I have had 3 bikes in the past, a CBRf2, CB500t and a SV650. I think this Mana is a perfect cross fit for me.

Send an Email to motointernational in Seattle, they can't post sale prices online also check with af1 here as well.

WTbrown
11-19-2008, 11:11 AM
excellent, I will do that! Thanks!

SilverFoxUno
11-19-2008, 11:41 AM
I love my VFR800 - it's a great all around bike...but my Mana makes me giddy. Other bikers wave...I raise my hand to point and laugh...you're riding that??? Hahahaha

You will enjoy it, too. I didn't get a great deal on mine, so I won't recommend the shop from which I burchased mine. I would suggest talking to AF1 - their online store shows MSRP, no set up and free shipping! All you'd need to do is license it in OR. Think about it.

1stscoot
11-19-2008, 02:15 PM
Hello,

Try our host here at AF1. Even though he's in Texas, he's looking to sell his stock of Mana's. "someone please buy a Shiver or Mana....we're paying several hundred a month in interest to look at them. Will sell for a loss at this point...." from the thread about the economy. I can't remember the particulars of the original offer. Maybe Ed will chime in here or PM you. I just test rode the Mana this last weekend and it's amazing! :cool:

WTbrown
11-19-2008, 06:37 PM
OHHHH myyy.. I just got back form test riding a Mana. Holy sh#t! Totally different from anythig I have ever ridden. The power is insane for this type of bike. Almost too much power:) I am in love!

The sound is sweet!

(I felt retarded ridding my Kymco back to work)

I have only 2 compains.

1. seat height. I am 6'3" and I feel a little cramped when my legs are on the pegs. I think this is why my hands went numb. I had the same issue with my SV650, my hands woudl go numb after a bit.

2. I would prefer linked brakes but oh well...

I just can't get over the pwer and the way the power is on tap. CRAZY..

WTbrown
11-19-2008, 06:41 PM
A good deal might push me over the edge now... I will talk to AF1. I wonder if they have a lay away plan:)

1stscoot
11-19-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm only 5'8" and the bike was quite tall for me, opposite of your experience. I ride a scooter, so riding position is quite different. Trying to sit back into the seat, I found the reach too long to be comfortable or safe. I need to hug the tank instead, which I figured out pretty quickly bringing me forward. This may wear on me with long rides compared to the laid back position of my current ride. The front brakes are impressive. Activating the rear brake lever was quite a reach with my small feet. Ironically, on the shifting side, it was a tight fit. I wonder if spacing for both rear brake and shift lever are adjustable? Power is amazing! I would consider this if I were moving up to a larger ride. My hat goes off to Aprilia...:cheers:

OHHHH myyy.. I just got back form test riding a Mana. Holy sh#t! Totally different from anythig I have ever ridden. The power is insane for this type of bike. Almost too much power:) I am in love!

The sound is sweet!

(I felt retarded ridding my Kymco back to work)

I have only 2 compains.

1. seat height. I am 6'3" and I feel a little cramped when my legs are on the pegs. I think this is why my hands went numb. I had the same issue with my SV650, my hands woudl go numb after a bit.

2. I would prefer linked brakes but oh well...

I just can't get over the pwer and the way the power is on tap. CRAZY..

SAFit07
11-20-2008, 12:09 AM
We luv our MANA....although the MP3 is an 'easy' commuter.

(wipe down, storage right off the bat, etc.)

Cochise
11-20-2008, 08:16 AM
The rear brake and shift lever are adjustable, but pull off the shift lever and use the paddle shifter. I find this setup to be more user friendly.

roachie
12-07-2008, 01:57 AM
I have a Scarabeo 500 and a Mana 850 and love riding both! :)

vlehca
12-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Got mine back in late September. Recently, got lay off and willing to sell my mana for $8,000. It is red and has 300 miles on it. E-mail me at vlehca@yahoo.com