PDA

View Full Version : Race Day

frankd_nm
11-10-2008, 07:55 PM
So, I ran my first race day on the RS125. What a blast! Took a second in the Singles class and a third in Lightweight Superbike. Pretty good considering I suck as a racer.

The RS is incredibly light and fast through the tight section of the track and the brakes are awesome. It was such a thrill outbraking and passing bikes with almost 10 times the displacement. Of course they left me on the straights, but with the horsepower they pack they should.

Maybe after more practice and a good riding school I'll be able to have a good season next year.

Not sure what my lap times were yet, but I think they were around 1:29 or so. Seemed awful fast until you look at the guys out there running 1:07's.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=34978

Note the the results for the Singles class is wrong in the article. I really did get second in that race.:cool:

If you're out in the southwest region, plan on coming out and playing next season at Arroyo Seco. A great bunch of people out there having fun and going fast.

HONDARACER
11-10-2008, 08:04 PM
:cheers: Right on. Are you running stock gearing? Were you able to rev right out as much as you wanted or would slower gearing help? I am on the bigger side so I would definalty benefit from shorter gearing.

frankd_nm
11-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Everything was stock. I think the track is at about 3500-4000ft elevation and I'm running a bit rich with the stock jetting. The bike had a bit left in it at the end of the back straight, but I'm going to hold off on any gearing change until I run the track in the clockwise direction (they alternate every other race). I was hitting about 93mph.