PDA

View Full Version : Race Fairings

ThisEndUp
11-07-2008, 07:20 AM
A nice cool Guinness goes to the first person who can find plastics in the USA.

Yeah, there's plenty in the U.K. and Europe. Those that will ship......we'll have to pay VAT and of course shipping (ouch).....somebody prop up our currency, please.

01dabreoo
11-07-2008, 08:02 AM
On the plus side, the pound is very weak at this current economic state ;)

ThisEndUp
11-07-2008, 08:14 AM
$1 us = 1.58 Bps

not weak enough..........

the brit
11-07-2008, 09:23 AM
I'm going over in December to import car parts.. If anyone needs anything that fits into the airlines weight/size regulations let me know - superteens fairings shouldn't be a problem for example.

ThisEndUp
11-07-2008, 09:42 AM
I'm going over in December to import car parts.. If anyone needs anything that fits into the airlines weight/size regulations let me know - superteens fairings shouldn't be a problem for example.

:worship:
Alright....'much apreciated Brit.
Give me a heads up when your close to leaving.

We'll down a few pints when you come back.
:cheers:

Noassmblyrqired
11-07-2008, 11:00 AM
I may build some glass or even carbon lowers once there's snow on the ground and outside activities slow down.

the brit
11-07-2008, 11:34 AM
I may build some glass or even carbon lowers once there's snow on the ground and outside activities slow down.

That would be a much more convenient and possibly cooler option!!!!

ThisEndUp
11-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Depending on cost..........

Still, if someone comes up with fairings here in the US., post 'em up here, please.

Ed / AF1 Racing
11-07-2008, 01:56 PM
we'll have some around the first part of next year.....a full set of OEM bodywork is already at their place....top shelf bodywork company

we found some in the UK, but shipping would be over $400, made in the USA will be lots better.

ThisEndUp
11-07-2008, 02:37 PM
we'll have some around the first part of next year.....a full set of OEM bodywork is already at their place....top shelf bodywork company

we found some in the UK, but shipping would be over $400, made in the USA will be lots better.

Cool.

A Shiner Bock for you then.

Socket
11-08-2008, 04:47 PM
A nice cool Guinness goes to the first person who can find plastics in the USA.

Yeah, there's plenty in the U.K. and Europe. Those that will ship......we'll have to pay VAT and of course shipping (ouch).....somebody prop up our currency, please.

You will NOT have to pay VAT.

frankd_nm
01-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Hey Ed,

How's the fairing work coming along? Does it still look like they might be available sometime in Feb?

Do you plan on stocking frame sliders also?

Steve / AF1 Racing
01-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Ed will probably reply too, but in case he doesn't.

We will get our first prototype kit in the second or third week of February.

We haven't made up our mind about sliders yet.

We will definitely be offering front and rear axle sliders from Rhinomoto, but central sliders may or may not happen. I'm not totally sold that the mount position is sturdy enough for a proper set. We'll evaluate that more in the near future.

odie_trackie
01-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Do you, perchance, have any pics of these prototype fairings?

Ed will probably reply too, but in case he doesn't.

We will get our first prototype kit in the second or third week of February.

We haven't made up our mind about sliders yet.

We will definitely be offering front and rear axle sliders from Rhinomoto, but central sliders may or may not happen. I'm not totally sold that the mount position is sturdy enough for a proper set. We'll evaluate that more in the near future.

odie_trackie
01-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Found this out of the UK.
http://fairingsdirect.com/aprilia.aspx

Steve / AF1 Racing
01-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Found this out of the UK.
http://fairingsdirect.com/aprilia.aspx

No photos yet of the fairings, we do not have the prototypes, we won't until middle February.

There are actually several companies making RS125 (new shape) bodywork in Europe but the dimensional shipping size made ordering the fairings from Europe cost prohibitive.

Great link for guys in the UK though.

odie_trackie
02-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Very good point. At least the UK guys will have a source for fairings.

Looking forward to seeing the prototypes.

No photos yet of the fairings, we do not have the prototypes, we won't until middle February.

There are actually several companies making RS125 (new shape) bodywork in Europe but the dimensional shipping size made ordering the fairings from Europe cost prohibitive.

Great link for guys in the UK though.

Steve / AF1 Racing
02-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Looking forward to seeing the prototypes.

Me Too!

I started the process for submitting these for production about a week after we first got the bikes!

nubus
02-02-2009, 04:19 PM
I'd settle for a race legal (oil retention) lower for the stock bodywork! :WTF:

ThisEndUp
03-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Concerning the Sharkskinz race tail, do you need the underseat draft plate to mount it all up? Could the OEM draft plate work to mount the race tail if it is necessary?

Steve / AF1 Racing
03-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Concerning the Sharkskinz race tail, do you need the underseat draft plate to mount it all up? Could the OEM draft plate work to mount the race tail if it is necessary?

No, you do not need it, but it is $20, so we left it in the complete kit.

frankd_nm
03-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Got my Sharkskinz today! The new body work fits pretty well and went on very easy. I'll need to fine tune the fit a little tomorrow by adjusting the holes I drilled in the back end of the upper fairing (where it bolts into the frame).

A couple of notes about the install:

First - it's easier to mount the lower fairing first and then the upper fairing.

Second - The lower faring does not fit with the kickstand on. Duh! I know it's a race fairing, but I had been bolting my stand back on loosely when I left the track, just so I had a little more room in the garage. Not a big deal, just something to keep in mind.

nubus
03-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Got mine today too. Thanks again AF1!
I'll be sure to get some AF1 stickers on the finished product!
We are now an all Italian race team, gotta love it!

HONDARACER
03-12-2009, 05:34 AM
Looks like nice stuff.

nubus
03-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Fit and finish were both excellent.
Couple minor spots yet to sand.
Lineup to stock holes perf!
Took just over an hour.

(Incl. removing stock stuff!)

http://www.scattercreek.com/~nubus/images/rs125thmb.jpg (http://www.scattercreek.com/~nubus/images/rs125sknz.jpg)