PDA

View Full Version : More on Water...

SilverFoxUno
11-06-2008, 03:04 PM
So, it's finally fall here in the Pacific North-wet and the rain has returned...they are predicting floods in western Washington State from heavy rains. And guess what it did on my commute this morning??? Come on...guess...OK, I'll tell you...it rained and rained and rained. I mentioned in another post that water will collect in the hole for the rear mounting screw of the chain guard. The past couple of days I noticed water also collects within the radiator. When I parked the Mana on the side stand, a substantual amount of water emptied from the lower edge of the radiator - when I say substantual, I mean substantial - it looked like a gallon (3 liters for those who are imperially challenged). I also noticed all the steam off the exposed hot parts like the cat converter and my nether regions. I guess what I'm saying is that there are many little places on this bike to collect water - it might be the same as other bikes, but for me, it is unusual. I don't mind riding in the rain - if I did I wouldn't be riding much - I just wonder how the bike will be affected in the long run.

williamr
11-10-2008, 03:46 AM
it looked like a gallon (3 liters for those who are imperially challenged). .

For those who're imperially challenged, an imperial gallon is 4.546 litres.

US gallon is less.

Rob

SilverFoxUno
11-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Sheesh...picky, picky, picky...Perhaps I should have said colonially challenged as I meant a US gallon...in fact, you should have known that...you should have read my mind...

Just trying to keep it on the pitch, mate...translation - in the ballpark...

In case you haven't noticed, I really enjoy being corrected, so please keep it up.