PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get footrest pegs in Australia?

justo316
01-10-2004, 08:47 AM
I've been told by my scooter shop that I can't get the pillion footrest pegs in Australia at all....

So, does anyone know where I can get them online to Oz?

Haribolman
01-10-2004, 05:53 PM
My local dealer said they were available, but they weren't cheap. However I didn't actually get him to look up a price so I don't know if he knows what he's talking about or not, but considering that my bike was fitted with a genuine Aprilia side stand and Aprilia rear rack for the top box, I'd have to guess the footrests are available too.

Contact Aprilia Australia (http://www.aprilia.com.au)

jaguar65
02-28-2004, 11:13 AM
do they actually fit an sr50 ditech? I have seen them on the sr125 and the habana custom but never on the habana 50 standard or the sr 50. I think people found out they werent possible to fit

aays888
02-28-2004, 04:51 PM
>>do they actually fit an sr50 ditech? I have seen them on the sr125 and the habana custom but never on the habana 50 standard or the sr 50. I think people found out they werent possible to fit<<

Yes I think they do fit. You can see and feel where the holes are on the frame

...Anthony.

P.S,
I just checked the Aprilia.com.au website and yes there are passenger footrests and even a side stand pictured.

http://www.accessoriesaprilia.com/scooter/mfr.htm

justo316
02-28-2004, 10:22 PM
Well, Scooter Shop says they're not available, but the Australian distributor says they are for $129. A bit of a rip off I think....

Haribolman
02-29-2004, 12:02 AM
Amazing...I was right....again!

At the time I bought my bike the dealer said the side stand was worth "about $150" and the rear rack the same.

Seeing as I got them for nothing (relatively speaking) I was happy!

JRTURBO
02-29-2004, 12:49 PM
Hi there

I would be curious to see the accesory passenger footpegs for a SR scooter, since I had a look at a SR125 recently in the shop and the scooter frame had specific mounting points welded in place which are missing from my 50cc scooter and probably all of the 50cc scooters.

Regards

Joe Rubido

Haribolman
02-29-2004, 02:59 PM
I was under the impression that the footrests mount into the same holes that the lower point of my rear rack mounts into. (Yes, the rear rack really does have arms THAT long!...they run right down the side of the bike!)

justo316
02-29-2004, 09:13 PM
I was under the same impression.... However, I haven't had a chance to see any other scooters and how they have their foot pegs attached so Im not sure now.

I'd like to know if you really do need aprilia pegs or whether you can get some cheapo ones that would fit as well....

SiR50
03-01-2004, 12:38 PM
they do fit. i just got them installed on my 2002 ditech. the shop took them off another SR50 that had the top case installed, and they put them on mine. requires removal of the side panels, but the mounts come with the pegs and bolt right on.

jaguar65
03-01-2004, 01:00 PM
cool! I love riding with passengers, I barely notice the difference, but it's great to have someone screaming their head off and holding on as tight as they can before you even start leaning into turns!:happy:

SiR50
03-01-2004, 01:17 PM
...and with the pegs you don't have to worry about them tweaking an ankle 'round corners 'cause their feet are pointing out to the sides!

phidauex
03-01-2004, 02:32 PM
I've never thought pegs were necessary.. I ride with passengers quite a bit, and none of them seem to have a problem. However, if someone who has the pegs could post a good close up of the mounting position, I'd appreciate it. It might be worth looking into...

Riding with passengers is a lot of fun, especially when they are light weight like me. It seems girls just can't help themselves when they see a scooter, they just have to get a ride. Then they get scared and have to hold you tight from behind. Then they start having fun and laughing. Afterwards, you are forever imprinted upon their minds as the person who took them from nervousness to excitement and joy on a fast, sleek, vibrating machine. I'm ashamed to admit it, but it is definitely a perk of having a fun vehicle.. ;)

peace,
sam

jaguar65
03-01-2004, 03:18 PM
I'll second that!
I was about to take one of my friends for a quick spin around the block when another of my friend's girlfriend came out of my house, all of a sudden the guy I was about to go off with leapt off the back and offered this girl his place, I was a little confused at first but when I noticed him pointing out (quietly) how short a skirt she had on none of the other lads there were too bothered that she had jumped the queue=P
that was the second day I had owned my ditech - it saw about 7 different passengers in 10minutes that day!:banana:

It's no particular bother riding as pillion without footpegs, but I find (from when I am a pillion on my own bike, being the generous guy I am) that a foot peg would be useful, particularly for me with size 13 feet which only just about remain on the edge of the (foot board?):eek:

SiR50
03-01-2004, 03:36 PM
my wife has been riding around with me for a couple years without the pegs, and while she never complained without the pegs, she really appreciates them now that they're on. it's a lot easier to re-position on that tiny seat when she (invariably...) gets knocked around 'cause of bumps or corners. she is tiny, about the equivalent of me wearing a backpack...

only bad thing about the pegs is the bright shiny chrome-finish, looks a bit funky on my matte-black rep. paint scheme. maybe i'll paint them...

Haribolman
03-01-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by SiR50
the shop took them off another SR50 that had the top case installed

So does this mean you can have a topbox AND footpegs installed simultaneously? Or did they take the footpegs off to install the topbox?

SiR50
03-02-2004, 08:58 AM
yes! you can have both installed simultaneously. my local shop had a ditech that had the top box and pegs. i think they actually had to remove the top box in order to remove the pegs (the top box rails have the mounting stuff for the pegs built in). i DO know that they work together, or you can bolt them on separately.

fershy
03-03-2004, 10:44 AM
Okay, Can anyone who has the footpegs on their SR post a digital picture of the mounting? Also if anyone has the Aprilia part# post that too.
Thanks,
fershy

jaguar65
03-03-2004, 11:16 AM
personally I would like to know if it is possible to get third party foot pegs as the aprilia ones themselves seem to be in short supply

jaguar65
03-07-2004, 10:07 AM
has anything been established then regarding foot pegs? does anyone know of any third part foot pegs that do the job?

.::sTocKSr5O::.
12-01-2006, 06:54 PM
As per Thread heading.

Or... does anybody want to sell their set to me?

g0g0
12-02-2006, 06:42 PM
you understand that your registration will be different, and will have to have the bike plated to carry 2 people... scootopia in brisbane will sell you some im sure.

.::sTocKSr5O::.
12-02-2006, 08:10 PM
you understand that your registration will be different, and will have to have the bike plated to carry 2 people... scootopia in brisbane will sell you some im sure.Yep... I'm aware of that (3rd party fee differs not rego fee) as I spoke to a friendly lass at QT on Friday. My scoot has the solo rego, but dual seat (I thought the seat had to be modified as well as removal of pill pegs??). Anyhow, we couldn't find the plate to match but she gave me solo rego anyway :)