PDA

View Full Version : Rode Mana in the Rain

rwp42
11-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Well, light showers anyway. I tried "Rain" mode for the first time, too. I was hesitant about deliberately reducing the amount of power I have available (what if I need it in an emergency???), but in practice, it was a lot like putting a well-trained dog in 'heel' mode. Mana was on its best behavior, but still had plenty of power. Whether or not it is truly needed, it did inspire confidence.

I particularly liked that the upright posture lends itself to excellent visibility -- both for me and for the cagers.

Of course, I wore all the appropriate gear: Rev'It Cayenne Pro jacket and pants, Rev'It H20 gauntlet gloves, and Sidi Canyon boots. (plus my Arai Corsair RX-7 full-face helmet).

So far, I have no problem doing my 7-mile commute solely with Mana.

RwP

SilverFoxUno
11-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Wow...it actually rains in Cal? Who knew...

For those who have ventured into the wet, you should know that the rear most screw for the chain guard will collect water. I drilled a small hole in the side at the base to let the water drain.

More on water later...

logic_28
11-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Currently in the UK its nothing but rain, cant wait to try Touring and Sport mode....lol

rwp42
11-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Sorry to flagrantly flaunt our weather. ;-) And thanks for the advice about the chain guard screw, Jim.

I hope you are able to unleash the beast on a bright, sunny day soon, logic_28! It is a complete blast. I am just also pleased that it performs well in inclement weather.

RwP