PDA

View Full Version : PV setup

random0082
11-03-2008, 02:11 PM
For all you guys looking to de restrict the RS, you can buy the older pneumatic PV, tho you do need to get the cylinder drilled with a small vent hole to fit it. With this there is nothing electrical, no solenoid, no cable, no altering wiring etc, lighter and cheaper, just for your info... :) also has some adjustability as to when the PV opens, but thats no big deal IMO, i prefer the other benefits. thought this might be cheaper / easier for you guys looking to go full power. This, a race exhaust, n some jetting, sorted.

http://www.spellfame.co.uk/acatalog/Power_Valve_Parts.html

Micah / AF1 Racing
11-03-2008, 08:38 PM
I really like the way you think...seriously great idea and appreciate the link. The mind gears are turning.

random0082
11-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Im about to get my cylinder drilled for one whilst its in having a thread repaired. the pneumatic PV was standard fitment on Aprilia 125s using the older 123 rather than 122 engine, easily modded tho.

Same here, if you guys come up with some good kit / ideas i might well be ordering / copying too! obv the main benefit we have in the UK in terms of parts n info, is that the same basic engine design has been fitted to aprilias since the early 1990s

mike1971
11-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Is it normal to hear (what i think) the powervalve opening and closing every couple seconds at idle? Did I read somewhere it does this below @ 1.5k rpm to keep the valve free??
Thx..

HONDARACER
11-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Yup its normal, I dont think it starts to cycle untill the motor reaches operating temperature.