PDA

View Full Version : Best 2T oil

HONDARACER
10-25-2008, 08:01 PM
They dumped Motul 2T into the bikes at PDI. I wanted Agip 2T but they didnt have any. [also ignored me too]. So I installed a liter of AGIP 2T that I have for my Ditech SR50. Its wicked good oil as it doesnt slober out the silencer [both ends] and doesnt hardly have any smell. Tailpipe stays clean now.

I thought AGIP was a supplier to Aprilia.

the brit
10-26-2008, 10:30 AM
My dealer used Silkoline synthethic, which the owner stated they have had great success with in their competition 2 strokes. I believe the guy and if I choose to buy locally, it'll be that oil from them.

However, AGIP have their synthethic oil available in the USA, directly from them, and it's cheap! It's $103 for 12 1L bottles, plus $30 shipping from their Pennsylvania motoroil headquarters, which seems like a pretty good deal. The companies site is http://www.americanagip.com/ and the product is: Agip Speed 2T: http://www.americanagip.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_5&products_id=1

I can't comment on the oil in practice though sorry.. but here's the website blurb;

AGIP SPEED 2T 100% SYNTHETIC API TC; JASO FC; ISO-L-EGD 12X1 Ltr. Full Synthetic lubricant specially formulated for 2-stroke street motorcycle engines, air and water cooled. Premix formula. The super-synthetic lubricating formula allows maximum performance in the most extreme riding and racing conditions. Contains extraordinary film strength additives, prevents piston seizing. Keeps power valves and exhaust ports absolutely clean. Drastically improves piston and ring life. Very stable at high temperatures.
Case of 12 1 Liter Bottles
Ordering via this web site is available to customers in the United States only. Canadian customers please call (800) 957-2447

HONDARACER
10-26-2008, 11:52 AM
I am using the CITY brand and it seems to be working great. I wonder what the difference is between the 2 is. I get no slobering out the tailpie and very little smoke and only when first started.

I have a cylinder from a RS50 I bought from a guy who installed a big bore kit. He was running the City 2T asnd I am very impressed with the slipperyness of the piston and overall film strength.

Socket
10-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Hands down, motorex full syn.