PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done a back to back 02 Vs 04?

scott2ride
01-08-2004, 05:08 PM
Have you been on a ride with your 04 RSV and compared it to an older RSV on the same ride? How did they go side by side in the real world? How much faster is the 04?

I'm not so much interested in the Hp figures (But do quote them if you have them), but more how they compare for performance and feel on the open road.

Did you do 'roll-on' comparisons in top gear?

How much more acceleration does the 04 have up through the gears when you are both giving it full snot?

Come to think of it, what state of tun were the bikes in? In other words, was the 04 bike still standard and the older bike modified with pipes, airbox, chip etc

Share your thoughts! :peace:

scott2ride
01-11-2004, 11:30 PM
Some of you must have ridden your 04 with mates still on older RSV's. So how did it go?

Slowpoke
01-13-2004, 11:34 PM
Scott it appears my 2001 Mille is quicker then my friends 2004 factory. We both have about the same mods. Roll on in every gear I pull. We switched bikes and it was the same deal..Perhaps in a few thousand miles it will wake up

scott2ride
01-14-2004, 02:32 AM
I bet he was GUTTED :shooter: and called you a bastard. Did he accuse you of doingroll-ons in lower gears!:bitchslap

Slowpoke
01-14-2004, 07:38 PM
Actually he was very livid thus the bike swap to confirm..I didnt get enough ride time on the 04 so I'm still unsure if I'm going to upgrade just yet..Especially since I cant outride either bike and the new one isnt any more powerfull..I'm kinda happy with my 01 for now....BTW if anyone else wnast to swap rides with me for thier 04 I;m up for it :O)~

scott2ride
01-15-2004, 03:18 PM
Hey Slowpoke.
When your mate tells the story he reccons he is 35kg heavier than you and thats why you can keep up with his Factory. And that when you swopped bikes that you weren't giving his the full welly!:bump: :bump:

But hey...thats just the rumor going around....so dont shoot the mesenger!:micah: He he