PDA

View Full Version : RS125 - Street

Icycle
10-10-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't know about the rest of y'all, but mine is just fine on the street. Of course...the dealer tag kind of helps...:D No doubt an excellent machine. It was a blast. I forgot how much fun they are...

Dman51
10-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Love the mirrors and yes for sure they are a blast.

Icycle
10-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Yes, I did find myself riding sidesaddle checking for cops...none the less they are not a requirement in NC, either are turn signals...

We ordered 10...7 came in this week and 3 are sold already. Big Fun!

RumbleStrip
10-10-2008, 09:50 PM
is that a RS-550 swap i see staging in the background ??? moohahaha

Miticale
10-11-2008, 11:56 AM
the first bike i ever owned was a '94 RS 125 Extrema, still have it to this day and I'll never let it go

the brit
10-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Error 404.

redman412
10-11-2008, 07:48 PM
There was some discussion about the RS 125 at the Indy "BBQ Party",
some guys were discussing how to get it registered at the DMV. This was overheard from the Aprilia rep., well, either he had too much wine or he was just pissed. He told us that all the 125's vin #'s were listed with all DMV in the USA, so nobody can register them. He explain that Aprilia gets fined $50k per bike by the DOT if they are on the road, not on the track. Hey was even more pissed when he saw a SVX or RVX motard in blue and with regular plates and inspection sticker. He show us the vin plate that says "not for road use" or something. Then took his drunk ass to the flat track without saying anymore. I don't know if it was the cheap wine or he just got his period, but the vin # list being released to the DMV could be true?

the brit
10-11-2008, 11:34 PM
There was some discussion about the RS 125 at the Indy "BBQ Party",
some guys were discussing how to get it registered at the DMV. This was overheard from the Aprilia rep., well, either he had too much wine or he was just pissed. He told us that all the 125's vin #'s were listed with all DMV in the USA, so nobody can register them. He explain that Aprilia gets fined $50k per bike by the DOT if they are on the road, not on the track. Hey was even more pissed when he saw a SVX or RVX motard in blue and with regular plates and inspection sticker. He show us the vin plate that says "not for road use" or something. Then took his drunk ass to the flat track without saying anymore. I don't know if it was the cheap wine or he just got his period, but the vin # list being released to the DMV could be true?

I cannot imagine that any company would leave themselves with $50,000.00 liability at the discretion of the customers actions..

Steve / AF1 Racing
10-12-2008, 12:47 AM
I just got back from the dealer having put my deposit down. Waiting for the MSO's to arrive - have you got yours yet? I would LOVE to know sooner what the MSO state on them, if you wouldn't mind posting (or emailing or PMing if you'd prefer)..

You can put mirrors on off of a '03 Mille (for example), the front turn signals from the very bike in the background of your photo will fit right on too (edit - I can barely see it on this computer, but anyway, it's SVX front turns from memory).

The front light harness doesn't appear to be listed in the US yet, but will hopefully be soon, although I'm about to order mine online from the UK.

It's not just a matter of plugging in a front harness. There are no relays in the harness to support turn signal operation. Among a number of other things. Our men are looking at the harness now to determine where and what would need to be changed to allow the addition of "show lighting."

the brit
10-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Error 404.

meanstrk
10-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Hey was even more pissed when he saw a SVX or RVX motard in blue and with regular plates and inspection sticker. He show us the vin plate that says "not for road use" or something.

That's a crock right there as there are road legal as sold anyways.

Firebolter
10-13-2008, 02:37 PM
It all depends on what the MSO says. I have a 2007 KTM 200 XC smoker and it is plated. It was easy, but depends on which state you use too.........

If it has a 17 digit VIN and the MSO doesn't say something to effect of NOT ROAD LEGAL, you can get it plated. I highly doubt someone could "legally" fine Aprilia or any other manufacturer for that reason for a DMV that plated a bike.

Ed / AF1 Racing
10-13-2008, 02:45 PM
That's a crock right there as there are road legal as sold anyways.

the 2007 SXV and RXV were not 100% street legal (off-road use only)....they had all the stuff except the DOT stamp of approval.

the 2008 became DOT certified for all 50 states

meanstrk
10-13-2008, 06:29 PM
the 2007 SXV and RXV were not 100% street legal (off-road use only)....they had all the stuff except the DOT stamp of approval.

the 2008 became DOT certified for all 50 states

Oh damn! I stand corrected!