PDA

View Full Version : Colors

zuman
10-08-2008, 10:23 AM
In the US, we only have the option of red or "lead gray"...which most people refer to as silver (I understand the ABS version will also be available in white).
Of the red or gray choices, which is your preference (and please say if you actually own one and/or have seen them in person).
Thanks.

NorthofSeattle
10-08-2008, 11:28 AM
In the US, we only have the option of red or "lead gray"...which most people refer to as silver (I understand the ABS version will also be available in white).
Of the red or gray choices, which is your preference (and please say if you actually own one and/or have seen them in person).
Thanks.
Before I bought my bike. (Grey) I got to sit on a Black, when I was in Japan. That would have been my first pick.:lover::lover:(Blue would be second) When I got back to the states my dealership only had a red and a grey one. :pissed:
Red would be for sure my personal last pick. I do wish it was two toned.
Which I am thinking of painting the top of my tank black. I have seen pics of two tone mana's, but never one out of the dealership. If you don't have mana yet you need to see one in person. I have waited 1 1/2 years for the mana to come to the U.S.
A picture and real life are two different realities. I still wouldn't traded my gray mana for black one.. hmmmm maybe... I'll just paint it.

.:cheers:

rwp42
10-08-2008, 11:37 AM
I own the red one -- it was the only one available in my area at the time of purchase. My first choice would have been the grey, but I am not displeased with the red. My bike really stands out from the crowd, and the red color emphasizes its Italian pedigree. I think that the red is a bit more visible as well.

RwP

logic_28
10-08-2008, 01:23 PM
It doesn't make sense why a product is available in several colours but only a few of those colours are available in certain parts of the world, I would give the customer what they wanted....your in the US and are paying $$$$'s and you want Black, certainly sir/madam but you may have to wait a few weeks for delivery.

SilverFoxUno
10-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Well...anther option is paint it yourself...all the colored bits come off rather easily. It has to be easier than a bike or a scooter with all the bodywork.

Dragster pilota
10-09-2008, 03:41 AM
zuman in da house:
Of the red or gray choices, which is your preference

The two 08 Aprilia I have been using this summer has been a grey/silver (grigio piombo) 850 Mana and a orange (arancio code) 750 Shiver and the Mana was way to incognito while the Shiver caught everyones glances and "thums up". When parking the Mana alongside a bunch of bikes it would take a loooong while before it drew a crowd usually when I go to leave and opened the "tank" and took out my helmet then people would gather and want to know everything about "why no clutch??" "is it strange to drive?" etc. while when I pulled up on the Shiver I got swamped and question flew before I had my helmet off. The red looks real good, the blue looks ok (I cant stand anything blue) but not my bag, the black I have yet to see IRL but I would say if I would get a Mana for my personal use I would probably go silver/grey but if we'll have one as a demo next year it must be red.....

DP says: Just having my Ducati Monster repainted Hot Rod Red suede with pinstriping....

roachie
10-17-2008, 02:58 PM
I prefer my red - it's sparkly in the sun. :)

jsherm01
10-17-2008, 03:23 PM
My wife had the choice of the red or grey. She choose red. Red is the best color. If the red one had been sold and not been available we would have accepted grey. But I think silver and grey bikes are the hardest to see on the road since they are similar to the color of weathered asphalt.

ritchj
10-17-2008, 05:49 PM
It doesn't make sense why a product is available in several colours but only a few of those colours are available in certain parts of the world, I would give the customer what they wanted....your in the US and are paying $$$$'s and you want Black, certainly sir/madam but you may have to wait a few weeks for delivery.

If that were the case, dealers all over the US wouldn't be pulling their hair out and filling out the paperwork ordering ALL their Piaggio bikes for 2009.

They order ONCE for the year.

I was thinking in how that would work for my job, yup, it would suck.

ManaSport
10-18-2008, 06:07 PM
What colors will be offered on the MANA GT?

shandog1717
11-23-2008, 07:50 PM
hello, i own a grey one, and let me say it looks pretty sharp. it was the only one available within 5 hours of me and i didn't want to wait a few months for the red one. i am very pleased with it. next summer i will get some neat decals and a custom radiator grill for it.
shannon