PDA

View Full Version : Australian importer has no idea......

Reecho
01-06-2004, 04:51 AM
Yup got hold of them to find out colour choice OK fair enough then mentioned about the engine change. and when they may hit Australia and the response o got was not impressing me......"are u sure??.....doesn't sound right, we ain't been told so whatdya talking about??".....

Gawd.....

I get the impression Aprilia is keeping mum about the engine change so not to alter customer opinions..

anyway for Perthites Frank at Scooter shop has gameboy kit on back order with them should arrive late Jan or early Feb....

Time to viy dealer vs. dealer see who wants my money more...LOL

justo316
01-06-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Reecho
anyway for Perthites Frank at Scooter shop has gameboy kit on back order with them should arrive late Jan or early Feb....

That's good to hear. I've been too pre-occupied with riding to bother enquiring about this stuff....:p:

I wonder what will happen with new software? My bike seems to top out at 85 (on the speedo, so about 75 real)...

ditechspain
01-06-2004, 07:21 PM
I was in my dealer in spain just before Xmas for the 8k service (well, more 9K if you see what I mean) and was looking at a new ditech. Asked the dealer, who then had a look and he was rather surprised to find the engine had changed.

About the only brand he does not seem to service are the Piaggio machines so heīs going to need to get some new spares in, and a new manual!!

Aprilia donīt seem to be publicising the change at all. The only obvious difference apart from the Purejet sticker was the water pump which does not ahve the prominent water pipes of the Aprilia engine, but something that looks like a minature manhole cover

MrMow
01-06-2004, 08:41 PM
I think you will find the importer (JSG) would not admit to an engine change unless they had been officially notified (which they may well have not been).

Put it this way, they are dealing with an Italian manufacturer.. half the time THEY don't even know whats going on.. we recently had to change the rear shock on my Ditech, half of them had different rear shocks.. same with the forks, they are different on some bikes.

Haribolman
01-06-2004, 10:43 PM
I wonder what will happen with new software?
To justo316, depending on what software you're currently running, you may find the following changes: Fuel pump priming time increases from 5 seconds to 8 seconds; motor may run hotter on temperature gauge; motor may rev higher in certain conditions (down hill, tail wind, bloody big cliffs!!!)

we recently had to change the rear shock on my Ditech, half of them had different rear shocks
Mr Mow, are you possibly describing a "running change" where an item is improved or modified during the life of the product without anyone necessarily knowing?

MrMow
01-06-2004, 10:48 PM
Nope, even ones from similar times seem to have different parts!
Random parts draw! The Italians are famous for it, apparently back in the bad old days of Ducati some monsters would get cast iron pistons, some would get alloy.. just depends what was on the shelf that day!

Haribolman
01-06-2004, 10:57 PM
And you know what's annoying? It doesn't bother them at all!! They just drink some more vino and they're happy!

brizSR50
01-06-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by MrMow
Nope, even ones from similar times seem to have different parts!
Random parts draw! The Italians are famous for it, apparently back in the bad old days of Ducati some monsters would get cast iron pistons, some would get alloy.. just depends what was on the shelf that day!

MrMow,

Thats funny the french love to do it with there cars. I drive peugeots and they are always full of random parts. Must be all that wine and women over there!

Nick

ditechspain
01-07-2004, 03:13 AM
my favourite from france was Renault who produced a range of engines which turned either clockwise or anticlockwise. but whichcould be fitted in the same cars. Get the combination of gearbox and engine wrong and you had five reverse and one forward gear