PDA

View Full Version : How do I take the side fairings off?

Wulffez
09-08-2008, 10:27 AM
I think the title explains it all! And is it complicated? Cuss my fuel hose is leaking, and my fuel tank is now empty :{ so time to change hose...

06spidey2
09-08-2008, 10:35 AM
I did it two to three times yesterday, as I changed the fuel line, didn't check for leaks, put it back together, started it up to produce a puddle of gas, took it back apart, etc. You need to open your seat compartment, remove 4 of the phillips screws on the top left side, then the allen bolts on the side & rear underneath. You don't need to remove the rear upper section, but it needs to be loose on the left side, to allow the side foot panel to be removed. Its a jigsaw puzzle, but nothing breaks aslong as you don't force too much, but you can bend the plastic a tad, with no adverse affects.

Ciudale
09-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Wulffez has an old Morini bike, so this could be a bit different.
Remove the battery cover, then unscrew the 3 screws of the panel. Then its an art to take the panel off, as it hasn't a lot of room to move. A kind of art, a balance between force and proper panel position.

Wulffez
09-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Not those Viudale, but the plastic!!! U know, the plastic body! Cuss i need to acces abit more so i can attatch the new hose