PDA

View Full Version : Switchbak and WTB Sunday ride Blue Ridge Parkway NC

WTB
09-07-2008, 07:25 PM
I met up with Carl and his Gf Sam and his "Mighty Dog" "Chance". We road together to "Craggy Gardens" (6000') WE only really road together for maybe 20 minutes but we visited for hours.

I had a chance to ride his 07 SR70 and yes! Some day I'll have an 06 SR70. The added torque is what we need in our area (lots of hills) Actually "High Mountains" as you can see from the pics.

We talked for hours about these bikes and along with Sam we concluded that these machines are the "BEST". Also "Chance" agreed!! We did talk a little about "Our" Dealer. %$$%)&(). We also concluded that Aprilia needs to Factory Train the Dealer Techs on these fine machines.( On Aprilia's $$$)

Carl, Sam and Chance I throughly enjoyed our time together. You guys have it together!!.

Untill the next time!!

Bill

William the Third
09-07-2008, 07:33 PM
I met up with Carl and his Gf Sam and his "Mighty Dog" "Chance". We road together to "Craggy Gardens" (6000') WE only really road together for maybe 20 minutes but we visited for hours.

I had a chance to ride his 07 SR70 and yes! Some day I'll have an 06 SR70. The added torque is what we need in our area (lots of hills) Actually "High Mountains" as you can see from the pics.

We talked for hours about these bikes and along with Sam we concluded that these machines are the "BEST". Also "Chance" agreed!! We did talk a little about "Our" Dealer. %$$%)&(). We also concluded that Aprilia needs to Factory Train the Dealer Techs on these fine machines.( On Aprilia's $$$)

Carl, Sam and Chance I throughly enjoyed our time together. You guys have it together!!.

Untill the next time!!

Bill
Wish I could have made it. I was going to take the RSV out for a quick shake down run before doing anything else and ended up getting a ticket on the Blue Ridge Parkway (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1963984&postcount=13). Maybe next weekend.

Dman51
09-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Looks Fun

WTB
09-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Wish I could have made it. I was going to take the RSV out for a quick shake down run before doing anything else and ended up getting a ticket on the Blue Ridge Parkway (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1963984&postcount=13). Maybe next weekend.

After I split from Switchbak ( he headed towards Weaverville)I headed South and was followed by a Ranger and met several others on the side of the road ( all total 4).He followed me for about two miles. I would not run over 30mph. I really wanted to "Run" the road but I was afraid he would pull me going over 30. He finally blew around me and I was then able to run 45+mph but just knew he was waiting up the road.

I had first passed him sitting on the right side a few miles this side of Craggy. I saw him and dropped from 46-30 quickly as I went by. I kept looking for him to pull out. Two miles up the road and there he was right behind me.

I know the Police around Town are getting strick for over 30mph. I don't know how the Rangers feel on this matter. It would be much safer if we could run the speed limit without fear.

Sorry about the ticket!! But I guess you are a little lucky. Since this is Federal it could be nasty!

William the Third
09-07-2008, 08:05 PM
After I split from Switchbak ( he headed towards Weaverville)I headed South and was followed by a Ranger and met several others on the side of the road ( all total 4).He followed me for about two miles. I would not run over 30mph. I really wanted to "Run" the road but I was afraid he would pull me going over 30. He finally blew around me and I was then able to run 45+mph but just knew he was waiting up the road.

I had first passed him sitting on the right side a few miles this side of Craggy. I saw him and dropped from 46-30 quickly as I went by. I kept looking for him to pull out. Two miles up the road and there he was right behind me.

I know the Police around Town are getting strick for over 30mph. I don't know how the Rangers feel on this matter. It would be much safer if we could run the speed limit without fear.

Sorry about the ticket!! But I guess you are a little lucky. Since this is Federal it could be nasty!
I past a ranger once on my scooter doing 45 mph. He was out of his car however, so I am sure he had no idea how fast I was going. I'm thinking about registering and insuring the scooter just so I can legally do over 30 mph. 30 is too slow. Anyone doing 30 around here is putting themselves at risk.

Edit: I forgot, this same time I had past the ranger was also the time about a mile or so back I had (illegally) passed a slow car... on my scooter! Too many slow drivers on the BRP. Yes the views are pretty, so pull off the road and look at them. Don't drive down the road so slow that a scooter can blow by you on a flat.

William the Third
09-07-2008, 10:07 PM
I just figured out the over look these pictures were taken at. It the one between ox creek rd and town mountain rd. You can see Tiger Woods raping of the mountain between the mirrors of your bike in the second picture. This was the same overlook I ran into the Futura rider and his wife. That overlook saw a lot of aprilia action today.

TiminIndy
09-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Beautiful scenery, nice looking scoots. Now both of you, get those damn warning stickers off of there!

WTB
09-07-2008, 10:37 PM
I just figured out the over look these pictures were taken at. It the one between ox creek rd and town mountain rd. You can see Tiger Woods raping of the mountain between the mirrors of your bike in the second picture. This was the same overlook I ran into the Futura rider and his wife. That overlook saw a lot of aprilia action today.

Thanks for pointing that out. I live about 1 mile from that "RAPE" scene

WTB
09-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Beautiful scenery, nice looking scoots. Now both of you, get those damn warning stickers off of there!

Are you talking about the ones on the belly ???

I got the rest of them off the first day.

Switchbak
09-09-2008, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=WTB;1963985]I met up with Carl and his Gf Sam and his "Mighty Dog" "Chance".

For everyone's information; The "Gf" in above sentence means "girlfriend" and the name "Sam" is the girls name.

Not that there's anything wrong with it if the "Gf" meant something different.
:)

WTB
09-09-2008, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE=WTB;1963985]I met up with Carl and his Gf Sam and his "Mighty Dog" "Chance".

For everyone's information; The "Gf" in above sentence means "girlfriend" and the name "Sam" is the girls name.

Not that there's anything wrong with it if the "Gf" meant something different.
:)

I should have made that very clear as it is very clear!!

OOPS!!

I wish I had taken pics of you three with my camera and this clarification would not be needed andof course I would have the pictures to show my Wife.

06spidey2
09-09-2008, 06:12 PM
GF is a loosey goosey abbreviation for girl friend, guy friend, or gay friend. I knew it wasn't gay, so we're good. :cheers: