PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I think I've got it now...

QuickHX
09-06-2008, 04:12 PM
I just realized something about this bike- after getting off of the Buell 1125 yesterday and hopping back on the trusty T, I had some revelations:

1] "Man, this thing is TALL, and the bars are too high! WTF?!
2] DAMN, where did my precious TORQUE and horsepower go?!?!
3] I can see behind me! Cool!
4] Gee, this thing revs up fast... but, where'd the GRUNT go?
5] It feels so LIGHT...
6] It danced through the same corner I took on the 1125 so with so much more confidence... see 'light', above...
7] Guess I'd better flog it to get it going..."

AHA!

That's it... flog the sucker, treat it like the 'hoologan bike' reputation suggests, and there's STILL nothing like it.

The other poster that just posted dyno charts makes it clear that that this is just a (lumpy-idling, impaired low-RPM throttle response) 1000cc v-twin, with 600cc Japanese-bike numbers. but I'm
KEEPING IT!!! Fark 'em all!

I'll be needing another rear tire again before long, no doubt!

-Quick

TRexRacing
09-06-2008, 06:21 PM
It is a wonderful thing isn't it?

Chris_Mag
09-07-2008, 01:05 AM
I just realized something about this bike- after getting off of the Buell 1125 yesterday and hopping back on the trusty T, I had some revelations:

1] "Man, this thing is TALL, and the bars are too high! WTF?!
2] DAMN, where did my precious TORQUE and horsepower go?!?!
3] I can see behind me! Cool!
4] Gee, this thing revs up fast... but, where'd the GRUNT go?
5] It feels so LIGHT...
6] It danced through the same corner I took on the 1125 so with so much more confidence... see 'light', above...
7] Guess I'd better flog it to get it going..."

AHA!

That's it... flog the sucker, treat it like the 'hoologan bike' reputation suggests, and there's STILL nothing like it.

The other poster that just posted dyno charts makes it clear that that this is just a (lumpy-idling, impaired low-RPM throttle response) 1000cc v-twin, with 600cc Japanese-bike numbers. but I'm
KEEPING IT!!! Fark 'em all!

I'll be needing another rear tire again before long, no doubt!

-Quick

Sometime soon I really want to come up and ride with you. It'd be fun to compare notes in person.

QuickHX
09-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Sometime soon I really want to come up and ride with you. It'd be fun to compare notes in person.

That'd be great- it would be a pleasure to hang out and do a hoon! What kind of schedule do you have? It's still summer!

I'd also like to have the free time to head down that way and head out to the twisties to the east of town. There're some world-class roads down there as well!

-Quick

The Dr.Jon
09-09-2008, 11:04 AM
... and do a hoon!

You're getting the hang of the lingo!:happy:

QuickHX
09-09-2008, 11:22 AM
You're getting the hang of the lingo!:happy:

Yeah, thanks... I guess.
I came home the other night and the girls in the household had on an old tape of Monty Python 1/2 hour shows.

I went to the garage for a smoky-treat and then joined them. Helped my comprehension a LOT.

-Quick

KANE
09-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Peak numbers are the same as the 600 but the street prowess of that motor is much more satisfying.

Chris_Mag
09-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Peak numbers are the same as the 600 but the street prowess of that motor is much more satisfying.

The thing is, this isn't really accurate. There are 600's in superbike trim making 130hp, but are running on race gas and are running some crazy timing.

More importantly, my T makes ~20 lb/ft more at 3500 then your average 600 makes at peak, and adds another 10 or so in the low 7000's. It's quite a different animal.

So, a recently tuned RSV is like a 600 with 25-30 more lb/ft and another 10-15 rwhp. It'd be safer to equate it to a GSXR750, which is what the RSVR was racing against in the late 90's. along with the 996.

Chris_Mag
09-09-2008, 12:56 PM
That'd be great- it would be a pleasure to hang out and do a hoon! What kind of schedule do you have? It's still summer!

I'd also like to have the free time to head down that way and head out to the twisties to the east of town. There're some world-class roads down there as well!

-Quick

A good question. I was up there a month ago or so, and kicked myself afterward for not calling you... we did a nice group ride up to Artist Point on Mt. Baker.

My next planned ride is for Mt St. Helens on Sunday the 21rst. After that weekend, I'm going to try to come back up north, depending on weather.

vito
09-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Yeah, thanks... I guess.
I came home the other night and the girls in the household had on an old tape of Monty Python 1/2 hour shows.

I went to the garage for a smoky-treat and then joined them. Helped my comprehension a LOT.

-Quick
:spam::spam::spam::spam:

did it have any :spam: in it?:banana:

QuickHX
09-09-2008, 01:41 PM
The thing is, this isn't really accurate. There are 600's in superbike trim making 130hp, but are running on race gas and are running some crazy timing.

More importantly, my T makes ~20 lb/ft more at 3500 then your average 600 makes at peak, and adds another 10 or so in the low 7000's. It's quite a different animal.

So, a recently tuned RSV is like a 600 with 25-30 more lb/ft and another 10-15 rwhp. It'd be safer to equate it to a GSXR750, which is what the RSVR was racing against in the late 90's. along with the 996.

Nice facts, but you forgot a couple things...

1] IT'S NOT A RICER
2] WE'RE NOT SQUIDS (at least that's what I keep telling myself, but lately my behavior has been rather... mis-behaved)

KANE
09-09-2008, 06:38 PM

I was just responding to what he said here. thanks
"1000cc v-twin, with 600cc Japanese-bike numbers."

begood
09-09-2008, 07:52 PM
I'm still waiting for a chance to come up against an 1125, I think my Tuono will do quite well against it.

Bill.

TRexRacing
09-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Having ridden an 1125 and owning a Tuono I think your skills will make the difference.