PDA

View Full Version : Sport Gear broken? - need feedback

groovymaster
09-05-2008, 06:06 PM
I tried Sport Gear for the first time today. Rode to a park in Sport, stopped in the parking lot, changed mode to Sport Gear and took off in 1st. There wasn't any RPM-light indicators... the engine rev'ed pretty high so I changed to 2nd and then later changed to 3rd and 4th but at no time were there any RPM-indicator lights displayed. I stopped the bike several times, shut off the engine, started it in Sport Gear, fussed with the gear modes, but couldn't get the RPM-indicator lights to display. When the bike is initially started the gauge package lights up and briefly displays red-yellow-yellow-yellow indicators. They are pretty clear and bright so it's not like they were dimly lit in Sport Gear and I simply wasn't noticing in the daytime. Is there a trick to making them function when in Sport Gear mode? Click a certain button twice or click my heals three times? Need feedback on making this work or confirmation that it's not working correctly.

mikelevitt
09-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Are you sure you are getting the RPM's high enough to get to the point that they light up?

Try revving up to the limit in 1st gear - I think you'll find they light when you get near the rev limiter...

groovymaster
09-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Give me a speed. Should at least ONE yellow be lit at 30 or 35mph in 1st-gear? Seems like I rev'ed it pretty high before I shifted into 2nd and then 3rd. Don't wanna fukk up the engine by rev'ing too high if there is a electronics issue (I'm still breaking it in). But maybe I'm simply being too timid with the RPMs. Not clear how this thing is supposed to behave. I didn't like that it shifted down to 1st for me... would rather that it behaved more like the FJR1300-clutchless and stayed in the gear I selected.

Fox Fader
09-05-2008, 08:10 PM
I tried Sport Gear for the first time today. Rode to a park in Sport, stopped in the parking lot,....

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159213

groovymaster
09-06-2008, 10:09 AM
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159213

That answers that. Thanks for the link.