PDA

View Full Version : New Australian SR50 owner - nearly!!

jetranger69
12-31-2003, 10:50 PM
Hi to all,

Have been browsing for a few days looks like this is a friendly and helpful forum group.

I've ordered an SR50 Ditech from the Scooter Shop in Perth after a fair bit of online research and a test ride (also rode Aerox and Peugeot) and now can't wait to get the new scoot.

Went for the Ferrari red model........(was going to get the blue but my wife had to have some colour input as she OK'd the $$$ spent and reckons she wants to ride it every now and again......HELP!!!).

Currently live in WA Mid West but about to transfer to Broome with work so will be interesting to see how the scoot goes in the tropical climate.

Anyway just wanted to jump in to the group.

Best wishes to all for the new year.

:aussie:

justo316
01-01-2004, 01:06 AM
G'day! Congratulations on your purchase! I just bought my Yellow DiTech from the same place. Good to see you chose the Aprilia over the Yamaha and Peugeot. Can I ask why? I never bothered to test ride those, but I always wondered what they were like.

Reecho
01-01-2004, 03:16 AM
Yes good to see another Perthite grabbing a Ditech!!!

I'm still waiting for phone calls and e-mails to tell me what's going on!!! :confused:

Ah well maybe i'll get one for Skyshow!!!

jetranger69
01-01-2004, 04:28 AM
Hi again,

Thanks for the replies.......

justo316:
Got the Aprilia as I thought it was the best buy, loved the design, thought the engine was innovative with some good benefits (although still scratching my head over Aprilia's engine swap for 2004) and the test ride clinched it with better acceleration and smoother engine power delivery over the others. Looked very well built also.

The Peugeot ( Both standard and Limited Edition Vivacity ) was sluggish, but looked reasonably well put together. Also guys at Sthn Landrover (Perth Peugeot scooter dealers) had NO idea about their product which was a bit of a worry. I was telling them stuff!!! To be fair I think the distributorship of these scoots had just been given to them very recently.

Aerox was also a bit slow and but handled well. I thought the styling was a bit too boy racer for my taste.

Did the Scooter shop derestrict the bike for you?

Reecho:
Certainly don't mean to pry but are you waiting for some specific info from the dealers or Aprilia over East?
I went to Rick Gill also but found them pretty disinterested and they did not get back to me with availablility and final price as I requested.
At least the Scooter shop guys were happy to talk and were reasonably helpful. Also a tip.......you probably know anyway but for month of January Aprilia have free onroad costs for the SR50.....saved me a few hundred!!! Scooter shop advised me of this when I ordered mine......a nice surprise.

Regards

Reecho
01-01-2004, 04:38 AM
Yup...

Waiting to find out when the Piaggio engined scoots will arrive in dealers..

And what colours are available ex John Samples..

I did have the same experience with Rowan at Rick Gill's too....see seems not to interested to sell me a Ditech at $5k but i think if i wanted a $30k Mille he would change his attitude....

Scooter shop seemed more interested but was totally unaware of the engine change..at as of now i still haven't had a phone call from them either...

I tend to do a bit of homework before a purchase like that and i am pretty much set on the Ditech's but i don't wanna take delivery and 2 months down the track they release the new engine models.

jetranger69
01-01-2004, 04:55 AM
Reecho,

Fair enough....I totally agree about the homework/research approach.

Unfortunately my circumstances meant I had to commit now or face horrendous freight costs later. Still happy with my choice though.

I mentioned the engine change to Frank at Scooter shop and got the same shrug shoulders 'I dunno.....Aprilia don't tell us much' response.

Maybe the free onroads deal is to clear Morini engined stock.

Cheers........

justo316
01-01-2004, 06:09 AM
jetranger69 - derestriction was free. But frank said they haven't got the gameboy stuff...yet.

Reecho - do you actually want the new engine model?? I thought the general concensus was that they weren't as nice?

Reecho
01-01-2004, 06:13 AM
Ummm yeah i guess so as the Purejet engine seems to have more tuneup parts listed now and on paper it has slightly more power

Haribolman
01-01-2004, 06:52 AM
My gosh, what's happening over in WA? Have you guys suddenly got Ditech fever or what? ;)

Seriously, it's great to see everyone coming aboard. That's 3 new owners from WA (including Reecho!), another new one from Melbourne, another from Sydney and another in Brisbane.

Keep it happening guys, we'll take over the world soon! Though we're all spread so far apart there's no chance of us getting together for a ride!!

:peace:

brizSR50
01-04-2004, 05:50 PM
Hi Fellow aussies!

Great too see so many people getting on these great bikes! I have only have mine for a couple of weeks it is a great bike. I have seen a few around while riding but never got close enough to wave. We should have a national ride day!!!

Cheers Nick :aussie: