PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Thump

jonnyandrews
09-05-2008, 01:49 PM
I have an issue that i addressed earlier but has become more of a problem.

Basically, as you know, the scooter reaches a point where it 'engages' or 'picks up'. The issue i have it is but it feels like it 'misses' then tries again and gives a right 'whack' and it doesn't feel good.

Sometimes it does pick it up first time but it feels sloppy and slow...

Is this what we call clutch slipping? Im losing back end power on flat between 30-40mph. Just before i consult a mechanic is there any other likely cause of this? It causes a very sluggish and unenjoyable ride and struggles after 35 now.

Help?

Thanks!

jonnyandrews
09-06-2008, 05:18 AM
To add...

When i say 'pickup' i mean the point where after aboutn a second of throttle you feel the engine start to work and you move off. Well it seems to miss that point by about a second and regularly kick hard almost bringing the bike up/

SilverSurfer
09-07-2008, 02:04 AM
I think that does sound like the clutch, from your description. Have you had it apart to check it out? Is this the stock clutch and clutch-bell still? How old is the clutch?

jonnyandrews
09-07-2008, 08:10 AM
The clutch is stock and has gone over 6500 miles.

SilverSurfer
09-08-2008, 03:43 AM
I would think a clutch could go 6500 without wearing down, but different things may have come apart. I'd just suggest going through the whole CVT and seeing what looks like what. Maybe there's a broken spring on one side of the clutch...