PDA

View Full Version : 2009 sr 50 rear wheel?

sensign67
09-03-2008, 11:43 AM
I have some warranty issues with my ditech sr 50. when I bought it the rear bearing was not pressed into the hub correctly and so consequently it lossened up. I took it back to the store I bought it from and they ordered a new rear wheel for it. Well it has been a month and a half now and the scooter shop says that the rear wheel is on back order..... DOSE ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A STOCK OR AFTERMARKET REAR WHEEL FOR MY SCOOTER? I miss riding it!!!!!:gunner::confused:

blue rocket
09-03-2008, 12:04 PM
my rear wheel is a tad loose...but doesnt seem to affect the driving... how about others? Does your rear wheel have any shimmy to it, or is it completely snug?

mtiberio
09-03-2008, 12:10 PM
tell the shop you want the wheel and bearing back, take them to a qualified machinist, have him fix the wheel, send the shop the bill. accept the warranty parts from them when they come in...

sensign67
09-03-2008, 12:32 PM
BLUE---It was loose to begin with then at about at 350 miles it started to affect the handeling of the bike. MTIBERO-- I will take that into concideration. It would just be nice to know that something as simple as wheels are readily available!!

THE MAX
09-03-2008, 01:47 PM
A new stock or aftermarket wheel will cost you big buck's ..........

-Better find out what would fit (or not) and score a used one

DJ GT-S
09-03-2008, 03:58 PM
If it's just an issue with the bearing, follow mtiberio's instruction. wheel bearing, for pretty much anything on wheels, can be pressed out and replaced with relative ease.

And to me it's no surprise that wheels are BO. Think about it, a wheels isn't like a gasket set, how often is someone going to need a wheel? And of those few times where a wheel is broken, it's because someone crashed/hit a big hole and wrecked a lot more than a wheels (usually resulting in a bike being written off).

It's just the way assembly lines work: the exact number of wheels enter the factory for the exact number of bikes that come out. Too many wheels cost too much in storage and too few slows down the line. For this reason, wheels are usually not stocked and ordered from the supplier (who also probably isn't bleeding spare wheels from every orifice), which is why it takes time.

sensign67
09-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Ok Thanks! Still waiting for my bike to get out of the shop. lucky I have two others to ride.