PDA

View Full Version : A new top speed record!

Haribolman
12-30-2003, 08:06 PM
Well it's a new personal best for my stock-standard bike. The only modifications I have is mechanical and electronic derestriction.

Down a fairly reasonable incline I hit 115km/h on the bike speedo (70mph) which was a true 87km/h according to the bicycle speedo. The motor was singing sweetly! And let's not forget I have a lot of wind resistance from my top box mounted behind me!

Not bad for a standard 50cc! :)

MOLECULAR-SR50
12-30-2003, 09:38 PM
how much do you weigh?

Haribolman
12-30-2003, 11:15 PM
How much do I weigh?

Well, gosh, you hardly know me and you're already asking me the personal stuff. :o Gee, you move fast!!! :p:

Seriously, I weigh 64kgs, which is about 125lbs...pretty light!

PAUL
12-31-2003, 12:35 PM
hmmm, that's pretty good...

i guess you were driving down a mountain at 45 degree angle with wind in ur back.. :P

hahaha... no seriiously, that's pretty good

Haribolman
12-31-2003, 03:46 PM
What surprised me is that the road wasn't really that steep! And it was early morning...no wind!

I'm now thinking that if I went down some of the really steep roads I know I could probably get it over 120 on the clock, realistically around 90. Must try it some time!

brizSR50
01-04-2004, 05:46 PM
Hi,

Yesterday got to 100(indicated) in the rain. It was quite windy and the hill was not that steep. The bike handles extremely well in the rain! I just cannot stop riding it!

Haribolman
01-05-2004, 12:20 AM
I just cannot stop riding it!

Hey Bris, I know what you mean. Even after a year of owning mine I still itch to get on it every day a take it for a strap. And if I haven't been on it for a few days, as soon as I ride it again I'm reminded just how much fun it is.

And 100k's is pretty good going!

brizSR50
01-05-2004, 12:52 AM
Hi,

Yes the bike is so stable I thought i was going to crash it going out in the rain yesterday. But the thing just bit and powered through every corner. I think i may have scared the 4x4 owner when i passed them at 100! They just stared. HAHHAHA The power of the thing is quite amazing. Now to get home so i can ride again LOL! Have to get a qld owners club happening sometime!

Cheers Nick :aussie: