PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia no longer recommends Agip oil!!

Haribolman
08-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Just got off the phone to my local Aprilia dealer and he claims that Aprilia is now recommending Putoline oil http://www.putoline.com/ They no longer recommend Agip!

Has anyone else heard about this?

I checked out the Putoline site, and all their Injector oil is synthetic, and as far as I know, that's usually not good for the Ditech.

06spidey2
08-22-2008, 08:21 PM
My dealer put Synthetic in from the start, so I'm not sure where you got your info. Plus, my '01 Seadoo GTX-DI also has run on Sythetic straight from the manufacturer. Agip is awesome oil, and hard to find. I think it's a political change vs any form of reliability, etc., as the Piaggio group owns its own oil company(hint hint), and its not Agip:burnout:

Beau1K
08-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Only thing this means is that they have a new deal with putoline - probably a result of the piaggio buyout.

Haribolman
08-22-2008, 08:48 PM
My dealer put Synthetic in from the start, so I'm not sure where you got your info. Actually, from this forum!

Plus, my '01 Seadoo GTX-DI also has run on Sythetic straight from the manufacturer. Agip is awesome oil, and hard to find. I think it's a political change vs any form of reliability, etc., as the Piaggio group owns its own oil company(hint hint), and its not Agip:burnout: Who is it then?

Switchbak
08-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Actually, from this forum!
Who is it then?

Yeah, I've read people here saying shit like full synthetic isnt good for ditechs.
I use motul 710 fully synthetic for 13,000 miles and love it.
Also have ZERO moisture issues. (no moisture trap)

06spidey2
08-22-2008, 09:08 PM
I was reading where Mobil1 2T is very similar to Motul oil. Its good to see your having good luck with Motul. Hey dude, nice signature!

High Gain Tuning
08-23-2008, 12:25 AM
If you pull the front cover off of an 09 SR50 to fill the tank, what oil does it recommend on the sticker?

chacaito
08-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Yeah, I've read people here saying shit like full synthetic isnt good for ditechs.

Same for me, but I use the Apig 2T full synthetic. Eh, 13,000 km for me.

extrashot
08-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Does this mean I should remove the Aprilia sticker stating that Aprilia recommends Agip products? :rolleyes:

I have no idea what I've been running on for the last several thousand miles (whatever my dealer had on hand at its last service), but I recently filled up on Motorex... zero issues before & zero issues since the refill. Use what works for you.........

thamil
08-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Only thing this means is that they have a new deal with putoline - probably a result of the piaggio buyout.

dito....

WTB
08-24-2008, 07:43 AM
What about the excessive carbon that broke your engine??

Switchbak
08-24-2008, 09:12 AM

my crank bearings broke my engine.

the carbon is from 13,000 miles of use.

WTB
08-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Ok, Josh said a chunk of carbon was the culprit, and of course he said it happened because you were one of those guys that do their own service.

Thats why I commented on the oil.

I have parts on the way right now. My waterpump is leaking a bit. I just don't know if I want Josh messing with it. It just drips ever so often. My delima is that they have already seen it and for warranty to cover I 'm sorta in a bind.I know I still have until my 1 year ( what a "POS" warranty for this pricey 50cc) Any Way!

How's your SR70 doing??

Bill

veloracermike
08-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Anyone ever tried Repsol's simi syn 2t?

Dragster pilota
08-27-2008, 12:04 PM
haribolman in da house:
Just got off the phone to my local Aprilia dealer and he claims that Aprilia is now recommending Putoline oil

Then Agip would be removed from www.aprilia.com ASAP, I have a hard time believing Aprilia will drop the verry close connection they have to Agip but Ferrari did some years back and who knows...

beau1k in da house:

Since Aprilia, Moto Guzzi & Derbi moved into the Piaggio groupe Derbi has gone from recommending Repsol to Agip, Piaggio, Vespa & Gilera from Selenia to Agip so I don't really know if that's 100%....

DP says: I think it is your dealer that now is recommendeing Putoline (that's great quality product)....

Haribolman
09-12-2008, 07:12 AM
DP says: I think it is your dealer that now is recommendeing Putoline (that's great quality product)....

I think you're right...

I went into my Aprilia dealer this week and asked to buy some Putoline (after being told over the phone that Aprilia now recommended it) and the guy I spoke to in person hadn't heard anything about it! And not only that, but they didn't have any Putoline 2 stroke oil anyway!

So I asked another employee there (someone I've dealt with for years) and he'd never heard of it either. So I told him the name of the guy who told me (who is someone else who works there that I've known for a couple of years) and my mate didn't know why the other guy was recomending it. He said he'd never seen anything about it from Aprilia....

Agggghhhhh!!!!

Ended up buying Silkoline...