PDA

View Full Version : more power model

scanman
08-20-2008, 03:29 PM
just glanced at an article in the bike mag and noticed a comment about the power of the gen 2 and gen 1 tuonos,claiming that the 2007 model has an extra 6 bhp straight from the factory...is this true if so is it possible to retrofit the power mods???:bangwall:

scotsy
08-20-2008, 03:47 PM
I think the gen2 is 143bhp but don't know what the tuoldo's are ?

One thing to think about is that the tuoldo's supposedly have more 'grunt' (like the older millies) so they may have sacrificed some mid-range for slighly more 'power' at the top end:confused:

scanman
08-20-2008, 04:51 PM
I think the gen2 is 143bhp but don't know what the tuoldo's are ?

One thing to think about is that the tuoldo's supposedly have more 'grunt' (like the older millies) so they may have sacrificed some mid-range for slighly more 'power' at the top end:confused:

yeah cheers ...makes sense i suppose..you get nowt for nowt then:cheers:

whiner
08-21-2008, 06:41 AM
Yeah I think the GenII have bigger valves.:D

I have still got stanard can's on mine, and on the York Hoon I was following Hairy for some time and didn't notice any real power difference. Just different cornering speed's :crybaby:. So unless you racing I don't think there's that much init. :peace:

KANE
08-21-2008, 11:56 AM
The 2007.5 model Tuono's come with the up-rated factory motor that has more power.

FTM
08-21-2008, 12:44 PM
This makes interesting reading especially when you see HarryH's Tuono and mine were on the same dyno.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145050&highlight=dyno

:cheers: