PDA

View Full Version : Rs50 Fork Oil Caps

jackdim
08-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi all,

I have a 1998 rs50 which I want to replace the front fork oil on but I'm having trouble removing the white plastic inner caps. On my bike theres a black plastic cap which you remove and underneath is a white cap, how do I remove this cap?

I tried levering it out with a flathead screwdriver but to no avail, any tips? Also what weight oil do they use? I've got some Silkolene SAE20, do you think this will be too heavy?

Thanks,
Jack

bourney2007
08-13-2008, 02:09 PM
why do you want to replace the oil?

Aprilia af1
08-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi all,

I have a 1998 rs50 which I want to replace the front fork oil on but I'm having trouble removing the white plastic inner caps. On my bike theres a black plastic cap which you remove and underneath is a white cap, how do I remove this cap?

I tried levering it out with a flathead screwdriver but to no avail, any tips? Also what weight oil do they use? I've got some Silkolene SAE20, do you think this will be too heavy?

Thanks,
Jack

do you have a black cap on the top of the forks which unscrews?
anyway have you looked for a circlip as sometimes or always forks have these to stop the spring in the fork from coming out?

jackdim
08-13-2008, 02:38 PM
I'll try to take a photo tomorrow, it'll be easier to explain what I'm getting at.

Ta again,
Jack