PDA

View Full Version : help on 2003 Tuono shock needed

P968
08-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi,

I want to lengthen the rear shock:
-Is this possible while still mounted on the bike ?
-How much lengthening is possible ?

thx fot your help.

Peter

Mac of Duart
08-13-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm sure there is something in the owners manual that shows you how to gain ride height by turning a dial type thing at the bottom of the shock, near the linkages...

Or may be it's for tuning in to BBC Radio 4.....

Mac :cheers:

Chris_Mag
08-13-2008, 02:44 PM
It is definitely possible with the shock on the bike. I'm not sure what the maximum safe increase is (be careful!).

TRexRacing
08-13-2008, 04:51 PM
I raised mine 8MM (measured at the rt pass peg mount)on the bike a few years ago.No problems.

Unobtanium
08-16-2008, 12:19 AM
It can be done on the bike with 2 wrenches. Brake the lock nut loose then turn adjustment nut. The whole shaft will spin in the body without any issue. The threads have a stop built in to limit length. I know because I snapped the stop and kept going! You can adjust very far without trouble. Try a little bit at a time. There is about a 3.25 to 1 ratio: 1mm shock length = 3.25 mm height change at rear axel.

scotsy
08-16-2008, 04:16 AM
It can be done on the bike with 2 wrenches. Brake the lock nut loose then turn adjustment nut. The whole shaft will spin in the body without any issue. The threads have a stop built in to limit length. I know because I snapped the stop and kept going! You can adjust very far without trouble. Try a little bit at a time. There is about a 3.25 to 1 ratio: 1mm shock length = 3.25 mm height change at rear axel.

Good post:cheers:

P968
08-18-2008, 12:24 PM

Everyone: thx for your help.
I think flipping over from one ear to another is a little bit too slow in original setting. I'm going to try to speed this up a little now.
thanks again.