PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia MX 50, Yes or No? sorry if wrong area :D

lewismx
08-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Its coming towards my 16th birthday, and i want a bike... I like the look of the Aprilia MX 50, and my mate who will be getting a car when i need a bike, can sell me is, it all works and its all fine.

Just wondering everyones views on them, i considered an RS 50, but then decided possibly not, as they would be uncomfortable.

Thanks alot
Lewis:)

mx50boy
08-11-2008, 05:51 PM
yeah get the MX wooo! lol

nah it all depends what you like most, supermoto style or superbike style. the supermoto will probably be more comfortable to ride tho
i have both and the RS is alot lot easyer to work on compared to the MX.

the MX is a pretty nice bike tho, handles awesome, looks mint and is pretty fast for a 50cc
just depends what you like more

Sududri134
08-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Since you already got an great offer from a mate, It would be perfect for you.

I would get it..

And just out of interest, what does he sell it for, and how many miles on it, and how old is it?

RS01
08-11-2008, 06:28 PM
There both pretty easy to work with just on the rs its panels panels panels..!
i went for the rs as i know ill be using it on the road so got a bike suited to what i wanted, i prefer mx bikes but i still got a road bike instead. Untill next year when my ktm can be let loose :D

but its all up to, if you like it buy it mate!

mx50boy
08-11-2008, 06:31 PM
There both pretty easy to work with just on the rs its panels panels panels..!
i went for the rs as i know ill be using it on the road so got a bike suited to what i wanted, i prefer mx bikes but i still got a road bike instead. Untill next year when my ktm can be let loose :D

but its all up to, if you like it buy it mate!

trust me the RS is easyer to work on

RS01
08-11-2008, 06:33 PM
How is it :)?, you mean once ALL the fairings are off it is?

Sududri134
08-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by RS01
How is it :)?, you mean once ALL the fairings are off it is?

Haha yeah.. been working some on a friends rs lately..

Half of the time working, is used on removing and "reattaching" the fairings :bump:

mx50boy
08-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Haha yeah.. been working some on a friends rs lately..

Half of the time working, is used on removing and "reattaching" the fairings :bump:

on the MX/RX if you want to do any thing to it, you have to fuck about taking all the side panels off then unbolt the tank and take the tank off, the air box is a twat to take off/ put back on

where the RS you just have to take the fairings off, then the petrol tank hinges up out the way and the air box is sat on two little pegs then just lifts out. also the engine is more exposed to work on once all the fairings are removed

Sududri134
08-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Yeah, you're right..

All comes down to what kinda work you gotta do..

If it's stuff like, changing the clutch, cleaning the airfilter.. lubricating cabels.. changing plug, carb stuff.. the RX/MX is easier..

But when removing the engine, or changing topend.. the RS might be easier :)

mx50boy
08-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Yeah, you're right..

All comes down to what kinda work you gotta do..

If it's stuff like, changing the clutch, cleaning the airfilter.. lubricating cabels.. changing plug, carb stuff.. the RX/MX is easier..

But when removing the engine, or changing topend.. the RS might be easier :)

spot on

shaun
08-11-2008, 08:22 PM
I hate changing spark plugs on the RX you got to take the seat, radiator cowls and tank off just to do that.

Sududri134
08-11-2008, 08:39 PM
We dont have the same production year..

but on my old RX.. 2004 or 2005.. dont remember..

I didin't have to :)

bourney2007
08-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Its coming towards my 16th birthday, and i want a bike... I like the look of the Aprilia MX 50, and my mate who will be getting a car when i need a bike, can sell me is, it all works and its all fine.

Just wondering everyones views on them, i considered an RS 50, but then decided possibly not, as they would be uncomfortable.

Thanks alot
Lewis:)

Loads of people think the RS/GPR whatever are uncomfortable because you have to bend your back etc to ride them, but hardly any of the people that say that have ever even sat on a road bike.
It's not un-comfortable at all, i spent all day on mine once and i didn't feel uncomfortable in the slightest.

If you like the look of the MX though and your mate has one then it's the easiest decision isn't it. You may also get it a bit cheaper because he's your mate.
Neither bike will be any faster than the other. The MX may be slightly lighter but both have the same engine and the gearbox is built into the engine so i doubt there are any different internal gear ratio between the two.

it's 50cc mate. Go with what you prefer the look of.

rs50_jake
08-12-2008, 04:47 PM
dont get a mx , if you want a good sm style bike get a derbi senda sm. I have one its pretty sick to be honest. Beats the rx50 by and all the rs50's

shaun
08-12-2008, 06:25 PM
dont get a mx , if you want a good sm style bike get a derbi senda sm. I have one its pretty sick to be honest. Beats the rx50 by and all the rs50's

Sorry but I have to disagree there, I know a couple or boys with Derbi Senda SM's and RX's and the RX's always seem to be fastest in acceleration and top end when derestricted, it may not be a great difference but it's there, I have even heared a couple of the boys with the Derbi's say that themselves, but the Derbi Senda SM's are better looking. At the end of the day it's all down to personal preference.

Sududri134
08-12-2008, 06:50 PM
I want to add that when talking about "comfort".. it also comes down to how "long" you are, or how short..

Myself i'm too "long" to fit the RS.. I have to bend my back like crazy, and my wrist are also killing me after 10minutes of riding..

While the RX is way more comfortable for me..

But i've heard "short" guys say that the RS is more comfortable?

Myself i'm 6,2feet/1,87meters

Sududri134
08-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Would be cool if people could add this to the next posts:

Height:
What bike you find more comfortable, the RS or the RX/MX:
And have you ridden both:

Cheers folks! :cheers:

lewismx
08-13-2008, 02:27 AM
Thanks for all the reply's...
I'm 6'0 myself... soo im not sure now :P
I dont mind about the work side so much, as i have no clue myself :happy:
so ill be getting someone to do it anyway

will there be any difference in insurance do you think? i couldnt seem to think there would be, but who knows :D

cheers
lewis