PDA

View Full Version : electrical help?

turd
08-11-2008, 03:32 PM
hi there, i am in need of urgent help. i bought a newer engine for my aprilia, but for sum reasonthe ignition wires comin from the engine are red/white, blue/white, white and red/yellow. and every wiring diagram fryom every 50 i have looked at have red, green, white and yellow wires. could anybody enlighten me if they know what bike this engine is from or which wires go where into the cdi, i would be thankfull as i start collage next week and i need it for transport .

turd
08-11-2008, 04:03 PM
anybody?

bourney2007
08-11-2008, 04:05 PM
it;s being like half an hour mate. Give people chance. Whats the difference if you know right now anyway? what are you going to do go out and fix it now?

turd
08-11-2008, 04:07 PM
myt aswell, lol. got my cbt on wednesday.sorry for being impatient guys

bourney2007
08-11-2008, 04:09 PM
myt aswell, lol. got my cbt on wednesday.sorry for being impatient guys

don't do your cbt on the RS.

Hire their scooter.

If you fall off, then oh well it's their scooter. You don't have to concentrate on gears and the turing circle of the RS is shite so you will struggle with the U-turn.

turd
08-11-2008, 04:11 PM
oh ye i am doin it on thiers, i wunt wana use my petrol for tha , lol. jst anxious to get on the road

williamr
08-12-2008, 03:42 AM
I would guess that the white is the power circuit and should connect to the regulator - Use a multimeter to check continuity through the stator to ground to give you some confidence that I'm guessing right. Expect a low resistance, but not a dead short.

Green is used throughout the bike for earth, so try measuring one of the other three wires to see if goes directly to ground. If it does, connect to the CDI where you'd normally connect the green.

No idea about the other two though, and what I've posted might be wrong.

Rob

turd
08-12-2008, 11:32 AM
i have put the wires in every possible order in the cdi, but it is still not giving a spark from the plugs, i no the spark plugs worked because they worked in the older engine.