PDA

View Full Version : clip ons

supersonik808
08-09-2008, 02:42 PM
I came across this '05 for sale and really like the bars. Wondered if anyone knows if these are the woodcrafts or something else? Does anyone know of any kits available to perform this mod? Don't quite know how or where to mount the brake/clutch res's.:fangs:

CBar
08-09-2008, 02:56 PM
You can use the Mille R bars or Woodcraft.

supersonik808
08-09-2008, 04:27 PM
I contacted the owner of said bike (which he just sold for 8.8k) and he told me what he did. Thought I'd post it just in case anyone else wanted to know.
He also said that there were no clearance issues with the intake snorkels.

Hi Roland - your bike is the same one I have, I think (I believe the R and the Factory are the same). Anyway, I bought a set of Woodcraft clip-ons and nothing else. I used the original cables; they're a little too long but you can make it work. It's ok that you can't buy it; it just sold a few hours ago!

The only issue I ran into was the fuse boxes on either side of the instrument cluster - they interfered with the bars at full steering lock. I removed them and zip-tied them to one of the struts behind the front fairing. It took about a hundred times longer to figure out that plan than to actually execute it.

You will also lose the mirrors, so I bought a set of CRG mirrors and fixed them to the upper fairing mounts. I also moved the turn signals down, but I think that was just for aesthetic reasons.

I attached a few pics. In one, you can see my first mirror mounting position on the bar ends, but that placed them too far back to be useful.

Scot p
08-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Stock Mille Clipons, Bar end mirrors on blinker stalks, n90152o problems with interfearence, just need to find the right angle's for tank/screen clearence....