PDA

View Full Version : About time....

Ableto
08-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Well the mechanic is finnaly looking at my scooter and has narrowed it down to the fuel pump. Im glad he got to it after sitting in their store for about a month.

I been reading on other sites that some of the fuel pumps have gone bad on the 2009 models. So yay the part is covered by my warrenty.

And my ZMR7AP plug also arrived today. Cant wait to put it in.

06spidey2
08-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Awesome news. Did you have a Chumpion plug in your scoot from origination? It seems alot of dealers are prepping the scoots with Chumpion plugs vs the NGK ZMR7AP, which is crazy. Maybe a Chumpion in my lawn mower or weedwacker, but definitely none of my rigs run that brand.

Ableto
08-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Awesome news. Did you have a Chumpion plug in your scoot from origination? It seems alot of dealers are prepping the scoots with Chumpion plugs vs the NGK ZMR7AP, which is crazy. Maybe a Chumpion in my lawn mower or weedwacker, but definitely none of my rigs run that brand.

Ya the scoot comes with the champian plug, thats why i want it changed.

But at least my scoot is being fixed, after waiting almost a month. I hope they get more mechanics soon.

dirthawker1313
08-07-2008, 07:50 PM
pray to god they can get the pump fast. mine has been broken for a week and a half and the pump still isnt in. there is somebody on here that has been waiting for 3 weeks for his pump. sorry to be the bearer of bad news but .....

Ableto
08-07-2008, 08:07 PM
pray to god they can get the pump fast. mine has been broken for a week and a half and the pump still isnt in. there is somebody on here that has been waiting for 3 weeks for his pump. sorry to be the bearer of bad news but .....

Its funny but when the main Apilia warehouse is out of an item that cant be ordered right away means there might be a problem with all the pumps or everyone is having fuel pump problems hence a defect in the pumps and they are in great need.

So ether way when the fuel pumps are hard to get, we still get screwed on not able to ride our putt putt.

06spidey2
08-07-2008, 08:12 PM
If the dealer does not have the fuel pump in stock, good luck getting one from the Factory as the whole country is on vacation for the month.

Most dealers do not want to pay the price to keep a good mechanic around, and that is foolish. At the dealer I bought mine at, it was incredible the amount of skilled mechanics that they have on staff. The work stalls looked like a hospital setting, neatly organized, and only one out of 7 was empty of cycle(the mechanic was out test riding). Scuderia West located in San Francisco. They deal in upper end exotic bikes. Honestly, I have learned more from this forum, and people like The Max, Muchacho, Ciudale, High-gain, and numerous others, including OldRogue for the short time that we had him around, even with his crankiness.

muchacho
08-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Well the mechanic is finnaly looking at my scooter and has narrowed it down to the fuel pump. Im glad he got to it after sitting in their store for about a month.

I been reading on other sites that some of the fuel pumps have gone bad on the 2009 models. So yay the part is covered by my warrenty.

And my ZNR7AP plug also arrived today. Cant wait to put it in.The fuel pumps were bad on the 07s as well - I can't believe they haven't corrected this issue.

Ableto
08-07-2008, 10:46 PM
The fuel pumps were bad on the 07s as well - I can't believe they haven't corrected this issue.

Maybe mine had a heart attack from toting me around back and forth from home to work.

Ether way it should of not died on me so i know the warrenty will fix all.

High Gain Tuning
08-08-2008, 12:17 AM

And my ZMR7AP plug also arrived today. Cant wait to put it in.

A month to get to your scooter :bs: What the hell are you doing? There is no dealer especially in rainy Tacoma Washington that busy right now. When I lived in Portland OR. Tacoma was in my Dealer territory. Your summer is about half over.

Are you making payments because they sure the hell should take care of last months for you. 175 miles and the dealer has had it longer than you? I am really having difficulty with this one.

Ableto
08-08-2008, 01:46 AM
A month to get to your scooter :bs: What the hell are you doing? There is no dealer especially in rainy Tacoma Washington that busy right now. When I lived in Portland OR. Tacoma was in my Dealer territory. Your summer is about half over.

Are you making payments because they sure the hell should take care of last months for you. 175 miles and the dealer has had it longer than you? I am really having difficulty with this one.

Well it was ether wait for him to fix it or spend lots of money to take it to renton to have it fixed and wonder how long it would of taken to get it fixed there and then get it back home.

Thing is the scooter dealership only has one mechanic to do all the work and they are having a tuff time getting more mechanics. He pretty much has to prep all the scooters for 2 stores (the tacoma and olympia dealerships), and he had a 3 week long list of ppl that needed repairs. He is a busy man even though he has an assisstant, he has had to do alot of work.

To tell you how busy the scooter shop is, they sell pretty much about 20+ scooters a week (tues-sat). Each time i go in there they have new scooters on display and half of them have sold signs on them or needs service. In tacoma it has only rained 2 times since the start of summer. The roads here are filling up with scooters, motorcycles and regular human powered bikes.

I probably would of tried to fix my scooter myself, but i would of probably voided my warrenty. So in this case i dont mind waiting. I want to have it done right. I chose to get the scooter to be able to ride it in spring, summer and most of fall. When it rains i will think about is i want to ride it, and i will not ride it at all in the snow (the 1-3 days that it does snow).

Im looking at the long haul with my scoot. So i will be cool about it. Besides, all the other ppl waiting on the mechanic wait list where probably bummed also that they had to wait, but sometimes that has to happen to get it fixed from the few places near by that can do it.

If you know of another place i can get it repaired, please let me know.

Yes im making payment on the scoot. $85 a month. Thats small for me.

Also to let you know, they even sold the Pink vespa they had on display, wich i though would be there forever.

Ableto
08-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Woot Update.

Went in today to get my ZMR7AP sparkplug and the shop owner was there, i guess since he has been at the Olympia location getting it ready for the last 3 weeks he came back and didnt like the fact my scooter was there waiting to be fix this whole time.

The Fuel pump did die and they ordered a new one and they are having it shipped next day air and i will get my scooter later today or tomorrow.

But the lady that orders the parts did say something that made me give her a puzzled look. The ZMR7AP plug i got, she said that if i use the plug it miht void my warrenty. Have any of you got that kind of warrning from the mechanics?

muchacho
08-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Woot Update.

Went in today to get my ZMR7AP sparkplug and the shop owner was there, i guess since he has been at the Olympia location getting it ready for the last 3 weeks he came back and didnt like the fact my scooter was there waiting to be fix this whole time.

The Fuel pump did die and they ordered a new one and they are having it shipped next day air and i will get my scooter later today or tomorrow.

But the lady that orders the parts did say something that made me give her a puzzled look. The ZMR7AP plug i got, she said that if i use the plug it miht void my warrenty. Have any of you got that kind of warrning from the mechanics?

she can say it - but it is BS.

Ask her to talk to an Aprilia tech before giving out opinions to customers.

dirthawker1313
08-08-2008, 03:59 PM
my 07 came with that plug from the factory. i talked to NGK about that plug and it is made only for APRILIA !!! there is no way in hell it could void your warranty!

LKB3rd
08-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Definitely won't void your warranty. I had to sic the Aprilia techs on my dealer, and they told them to use a zmr7ap.