PDA

View Full Version : 10 step injection oil change over instructions

High Gain Tuning
08-05-2008, 01:18 AM
I just sent this to a member that purchased some of the Agip City 2t I had so I thought I would share it here also.

This is the procedure I used on my Morini.... Piaggio does not use a solenoid, it uses a true pump so it will be a bit different.

1. Remove the right side cover to expose the injection solenoid.

2. Pull the hose off of the inlet of the oil injector solenoid and let drain into a container. I opened the reservoir and blew very light air pressure in from the top to speed up the process. It only takes a few minutes this way.
3. To clear the line to the engine, pull the hose off of the engine side. Open the throttle all the way and turn on the key, do not release the throttle until you hear the solenoid start to pulse. You can then release the throttle and wait for the solenoid to clear out the line. It will pulse a sequence of slow pulses followed by a few fast pulses. I am one to count things, so I noticed 6 pulses of the solenoid creates 1 drip of oil on a 100 F day. No wonder why this thing barely uses any oil.

4. After you have cleared out the reservoir, solenoid and hose to the engine, you can put everything back together except the hose where it connects to the engine.

5. You can fill the reservoir with one full liter of oil without worry. It will settle well below the overflow hole. I suggest stopping at the 1 liter.

6. Pull the hose off of the inlet of the solenoid until the air has been removed and any previous colored oil, the Agip City 2t is light tan..... typical engine oil color. Catch it in a separate container and use it in your 2 stroke weed whacker as it's a mix of the 2.

7. After you’re comfortable that you’re flowing nothing but the new oil, squeeze off the hose and reinstall it firmly on the solenoid.

8. Now open the throttle all the way and turn on the ignition until you hear the injection solenoid pulse again. Let the solenoid fill the hose to the end and it too may have the color of the previous oil for a while.

9. When you are satisfied with the color of the oil and lack of bubbles, turn off the ignition and reinstall the hose to the engine.

10. Open the throttle all the way and turn on the ignition so the solenoid can prime the engine just a bit then turn off the ignition and start the scooter and let it burn that oil. Reinstall the side cover removed earlier.

HONDARACER
08-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Anyone know what the stock factory oil used in the Morinis in US and Canada? Great writeup BTW.

tstodda
08-05-2008, 08:19 AM
Has anyone just filled up their tank without completely draining the old stuff? Mixing brands isnt necessarily a bad thing. The dealer told me I can just pour in whatever brand 2 stroke injector oil when its time to do so and I have a TGB that I have never completely drained and almost always use a different brand, thing runs like a champ.

Friend has a Zuma and he puts whatever 2 stroke injector safe oil he can find. Used to know someone with a Honda Spree- same thing, theres no way the SR50's oil injection system is that picky.

HONDARACER
08-05-2008, 12:53 PM
I added the better part of a liter when my sccot hit 2400kms. I use the Agip 2T synthetic oil and its running awesome.

veloracermike
08-20-2008, 08:19 AM
The guy I bought my 06 from is using Yamalube petro based oil, he said stay away from the full synthetic oils due to the fact that they cause water in the injector lines. In the FAQ section and in the search I did it seems just the opposite, the full syn oils are the way to go. I'm doing the water trap ASAP so would that solve the supposed water problem?

Great DYI post BTW.

blue rocket
08-20-2008, 09:00 AM
all i did was use a syphon and sucked out about a full SOLO cup worth of oil. I then topped up with Castrol TTS. I'm going to give it a hundred or so miles to work into the system then possibly change the plug once more and hopefully she'll be runnning like a dream. The oil they put in my bike is absolute garbage.

LKB3rd
08-20-2008, 09:55 AM
Did you have to snake the siphon down through the visible reservoir? When I looked at the tank, all that was visible was an empty tank that looks like an overflow reservoir. Could be that it is just getting low, and the remaining oil is down below the visible tank.. or is it some sort of two tank system, with an upper tank and a lower tank below it?

blue rocket
08-20-2008, 10:07 AM
^ i stuck the tube pretty far down... at first glance yeah..it looks like it's empty!

DJ Electron
07-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Just wanted to give HG a big shout out for saving my worried butt last night...

I changed my oil to the AGIP last night from some blue crap and couldn't get the oil pump to kick in and prime the line. I thought I was doing everything right with the throttle and key step - little did i know! lol. I was nowhere near a computer and sent him a late night email from my phone for some help. He explained that the '09s have an engine driven pump and not to worry.

So, if you have an 09, leave the little line going to the engine alone and just let gravity do the work in the big line, open the bleed screw behind the cover, and drive it until the old oil in the little line is used up. You'll be rockin' in no time.

THANKS HIGH GAIN!

MeepMeep
07-23-2009, 08:10 PM
man ive always been a visual learner. someone do a DIY vid? 09 sound s littler easier.

DJ Electron
07-23-2009, 08:25 PM
I should have taken some video, but by the time High Gain helped my out of my DUH moment it was WAY too dark to shoot any video, lol.

SR SBK 2003
07-24-2009, 04:50 AM
First I was using castrol tts , than I used Repsol after that again TTS now I am using MOTUL 710 and I never done this , just filed thank and I never had any problems

Grenadiers
07-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Yet another thread that belongs in a Sticky...