PDA

View Full Version : Dual headlights

Sean1
07-31-2008, 04:32 PM
Okej, so i just recently discorvered that it is possible to have both headlights on by putting the lightswitch in the middle between high and low beam.

Its probably nothing new, my friend that has a SR50 showed me how to do it when i sad " too bad both of the beams cant be on at the same time".

Anyway, I want to make sure the bike doesnt take any damage. It sure is nice when both headlights are on. Especially when i ride in forrest roads and other dark places.

High Gain Tuning
07-31-2008, 04:41 PM
2, 35 watt bulbs operating at the same time is about equivalent to maintaining one 35 watt HID. It handles it as long as you don't idle for extended periods of time and keep your RPMs up when running that way.

You will also find a battery tender used in the evening will help keep the battery from sulfating when it becomes discharged.

Some light damage can occur when finding the sweet spot in-between the high and low beam contacts. The switch is designed and expected to switch from one set of contacts to the other rapidly to avoid arcing.

Continual use of the sweet spot arcs the edges of the contacts off and you will find it harder and harder to get them in the middle.