PDA

View Full Version : longest trip?

SiR50
12-23-2003, 01:30 PM
Just curious, what's the longest distance you've traveled in one trip? I was thinking about taking my scoot on a journey (when and if it ever warms up here in the northeast...) to my folks hometown, about 200-250 miles through rolling terrain.

Happy Holidays!

Haribolman
12-23-2003, 03:39 PM
The longest I've done in one morning was about 150kms. Sore wrists!!

EnergyDK
12-25-2003, 10:22 PM
The longest i've done was 450km on my Piaggio Nrg.
My right hand fingertips was buzzing a bit when i arrived back home.

jasper-ditech
01-15-2004, 05:44 AM
I have travelled 500 km, over 2 days, with my DiTech, and it did'nt complaine at all.

jd0g1
01-28-2004, 01:26 PM
200 miles/ 2 days.
Easy ride on an SR.

Planning on running a 650 mile Cannonball Run (3 days) around Lake Erie in May. Some crazy vintage event, but they have a 50cc mod class and I'll be damned if any of the old 50's can take an SR.

ditechspain
01-28-2004, 08:55 PM
i do 160 kms in a go every 4 to 6 weeks and I have done the 320 return in a day without a problem. The only real problem was when i rode during the period when the dew was falling. The moisture and windchill meant it took about four hours in bed before my legs stopped shivering.

i do find that newspapers round the knees and over the chest really help you keeep warm, as do plastic bags over the gloves. After about 20 minutes riding, the comfortable warm feeling starts to disappear very quickly and it really gets cold.

Also be prepared for the fact it will take you a lot longer than it should given the speed you show on the speedo.

other vital tip is that, when the fuel light comes on permanently, assume you have two litres at your normal consumption before it stops. when the motor stops for the first time, there is really nothing left in the tank and rocking the scoot from side to side won't work on this baby..