PDA

View Full Version : I think im geting the runaround...

Ableto
07-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Ok, I got a email back from the scooter dealer on my request for certain spark plugs. I asked to see if they can get me NGK ZMR7AP, NGK CPR8E, and NGK CR7EIX, and the parts lady said that the USA Aprilia distributor had no clue what plugs i was asking for.

Ether im getting the run around from them or the ppl at the USA Aprilia Distributor have no clue what they have or what is even recomended in the manual for their scooters.

My manual recomends NGK-R ZMR7AP spark plugs and the NGK CR8EKB and CR7EKB.

But to make things worse they say they can only get the stock Champion RG6YCA or RG6YC spark plugs.

BTW the manuel lists the IE50 USA motor shipped with the NGK-R CPR8E spark plug. And for my C367M Motor (piaggio purejet motor) came with the Champion RG6YCA spark plug.

.:SR50thState:.
07-22-2008, 06:25 PM
There's a few threads dealing with the NGK-R ZMR7AP. Near impossible to get except at scootopia in the US I believe...but $20 for a plug is a little crazy...

I think that since the 2009 367 engine came with champion plugs stock, that's all the Aprilia US distributor would have listed in their system when they type in your scooter model. It wouldnt make sense for them to sell the bikes with champions but then have a better plug available to order (for the 2009's i mean) they will probably just stock whatever came with that engine #. Of course I could be wrong.

I ordered some CR7EIX from sparkplugs.com for 7 bucks a pop since alot of ppl on the boards rave about them. Just make sure to order terminal nuts as well (10cents a piece). Shipping was a minor ass raping at $9+ for 3 plugs though.

Mr. Scootswell
07-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Shipping was a minor ass raping

Thats a vivid picture:eek:.

I have a NGK CR7EIX but I thought it was the wrong one.

Which is correct? CR7EIX OR CPR7EIX?

We are talking 2009 purejets right?

Ableto
07-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Thx, will do. I guess when i get my scooter back, I will just skip ordering anything through the scooter place except for the oil, it was cheaper than some of the websites.

BTW do you have the piaggio purejet motor or the morini motor?

07-22-2008, 06:56 PM
2009 Piaggio

CR7EIX. Based off this thread for the morini engine http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104036&highlight=CR7EIX

I'm going to see if this plug works well for the 2009's. Again I'm new to this so i'm just assuming it will fit :eek: Why do you think it's the wrong one?

I couldnt find a CPR7EIX doing a Google search

High Gain Tuning
07-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Here... e-mail them this pic.

I probably have one of the most knowledgeable Aprilia dealers around. Between their sales and service employees, they have 14 SR50's...

MisterSprinkles
07-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Ok, I got a email back from the scooter dealer on my request for certain spark plugs. I asked to see if they can get me NGK ZMR7AP, NGK CPR8E, and NGK CR7EIX, and the parts lady said that the USA Aprilia distributor had no clue what plugs i was asking for.

Ether im getting the run around from them or the ppl at the USA Aprilia Distributor have no clue what they have or what is even recomended in the manual for their scooters.

My manual recomends NGK-R ZMR7AP spark plugs and the NGK CR8EKB and CR7EKB.

But to make things worse they say they can only get the stock Champion RG6YCA or RG6YC spark plugs.

BTW the manuel lists the IE50 USA motor shipped with the NGK-R CPR8E spark plug. And for my C367M Motor (piaggio purejet motor) came with the Champion RG6YCA spark plug.

Your parts lady is screwing with you.

DONT WORRY THOUGH!

You don't NEED the ZMR plug- and the CPR8E/E-B as well as the full CPR range can be EASILY found at most motorcycle stores- and if they don't have them they'll order them for you.

the CR7EIX is even EASIER to find, with most parts places like NAPA carrying them all the time.

Just go get your plugs elsewhere. Dealers rip you off anyways.

MisterSprinkles
07-22-2008, 07:51 PM
2009 Piaggio

CR7EIX. Based off this thread for the morini engine http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104036&highlight=CR7EIX

I'm going to see if this plug works well for the 2009's. Again I'm new to this so i'm just assuming it will fit :eek: Why do you think it's the wrong one?

I couldnt find a CPR7EIX doing a Google search

Ya the CR7 will fit in your 2009 bike.

As will the CPR8E plug most of us use.

Make sure you actually have a PROBLEM with the suggested plug before you go changing around

07-22-2008, 08:28 PM
I would recommend staying away from the CR8EK (couldnt find the CR8EKB)

I bought 2. Put one in w/o the terminal nut (didnt know any better hehe) Bike had SLOP issues.

Put the stock champion back in and everything was fine again.

Bought a $2 plug with a removable terminal nut and put the nut on the other CR8EK and ran it tonight, same SLOP issues.

Cleaned the stock champion, not only did it run better again but going downhill I saw the speedo flash 60 for a milisecond...of course it didnt register as my new top speed....bastard

Im keeping my fingers crossed on the CR7EIX. Hopefully it ups performance. I'll post in here once I get them. Mr. Scootswell you should give em a go and report here too =)

Ableto
07-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Well i went ahead and sent them the OEM stock numbers for the ZMR7AP and CPR8E spark plug (2BEN000319 and 2BEN000276). If they cant get them then i know its ether them not trying or the USA distribtor dicking with them.

I really want a good spark plug for my Piaggio purejet motor. Champion plugs are ok, but they really are not the best to have.

Mr. Scootswell
07-22-2008, 08:49 PM
A CR7EIX is a regular plug, while the CPR7EIX has a projected tip? Is this
correct? I'm not sure if the "CR, CPR" BR, BPR" series.
NGK website suggests a CPR8E.

MisterSprinkles
07-22-2008, 08:52 PM
A CR7EIX is a regular plug, while the CPR7EIX has a projected tip? Is this
correct? I'm not sure if the "CR, CPR" BR, BPR" series.
NGK website suggests a CPR8E.

I believe your projected analogy is correct based on picture observations.

The model number I found was DCPREIX though

Ableto
07-23-2008, 01:04 PM
HAHAHAHA, got a email back from the scooter shop and they can get me the ZMR7AP and CPR8E plug and really cheap also, Better than scootopias price. But i am going to get the CR7EIX plug from another store along with some indexing shims. Lots of motorcycle shops around here love selling mod parts.

MisterSprinkles
07-23-2008, 01:06 PM
HAHAHAHA, got a email back from the scooter shop and they can get me the ZMR7AP and CPR8E plug and really cheap also, Better than scootopias price. But i am going to get the CR7EIX plug from another store along with some indexing shims. Lots of motorcycle shops around here love selling mod parts.

where are you getting the indexing shims? The retards here cant get them

07-23-2008, 01:06 PM

That's great. You should grab some ZMR7AP if they're cheap just to have :bump:

Ableto
07-23-2008, 11:51 PM
I went to go put money down for my spark plug order and some of the guys there asked when i was going to take my scooter home, Because they have had so many ppl come in the scooter shop wanting to buy my scooter. I had a good laugh and told them to kick the mechanic in the ass and tell him to fix it so i can take it home.

It seems everyone wants the Aprilia scooters and are willing to whip out their credit cards for one. Problem is that the scooter place cant get anymore till September.